Thursday, May 25, 2006

Drive-Thru Blogging

Ok, so I owe you all an update. If any of this is a repeat I apologize, but I'm too lazy to look through my prior posts to see if I already talked about this. Hehe.

- First, I got a job? Did you all know that? Well, I did and it's with a smaller company, there's only about 40 employees. I think I much prefer the corporate culture of small companies to larger corporations. When prior evil company hired me I never got a Harry & David gift box set with yummy goodies like new company sent me. Although, the lemon shortbread cookies, so not helping me fit into the wedding dress. More on that later. Love the people at the new company, dislike a.m. and p.m. commutes that average between 75 and 90 minutes each way. So far work has been a bit slow. I'm hoping that the pace picks up not in a crazy-manic way, but just in a yeah-for-not-being-caught-sleeping-and-drooling-on-the-keyboard-because-I'm-oh-so-bored sort of way. :)

- All floral-related items for the wedding have been taken care of. Which yeah! But boo...because now we have to go back and meet with the cake lady to redo the look and colors of our cake which is all lavendar calla lilies which doesn't really fit in anywhere now.

- Still have more mucus expelling from me than should be humanly possible. Antibiotics...ha! Not doing much for my system. Or at least not expelling things and drying me up quickly enough.

- Still a bit stumped about the dress not fitting, especially after my doc appt today where I got weighed and apparently weigh less than I did when I bought the dress. Today's weight was 119, back when I got the dress I think I was about 127. You do the math, I don't get it. Only thing I can figure is that since I've so been slacking on the exercise front, I'm getting flabby. Maybe the extra weight was invisible muscles that at least kept the tummy and bottom of my arms from being so flappy. Hehe.

- Oh, and I guess the last time we talked I left you with a not really mysterious secret....yeah, let's just leave it that way. Ha! So kidding! So my handsome, oh so smart, super-computer programming honey had an interview for a job in Colorado! And he got offered the position because...well, hello they'd have to be idiots not to snatch him up. Only little problem is that we won't know for sure until July 25 because the job offer is contingent on his company winning a contract. No contract = no work = no Colorado = sad, bitter Lisa & Sean. We're so ready to be done with the rat race that is this area and the insane commutes and the rude people! So yeah, don't ask me how we're going to make it through 2 months of not knowing, especially me of little patience. But working on getting the house ready to sell will hopefully keep our crazed little minds occupied. And if we don't go, well we'll have a pretty updated house to show off to all the out-of-town wedding guests.

- Last update, the kids are doing well. Except for Baden, the other pups in the neighborhood have been gossiping about him. Well, not so much about Baden, but about his father. Sean took him on a walk the other day in his fancy-high-power suit looking all GQ except for the minor detail of his belt being unbuckled and his fly hanging wide open. And of course, little Miss Observant, that being me, didn't even notice. Haha! Sean took this as proof that my eyes never travel to certain areas. Hmm, I think that was a complaint. Ehhhh, I'm too congested to care! :)

Phew....ok, I think that's enough for now. That should tide you over for the next few weeks, right? Pretty please?

8 Comments:

Blogger 'Mazing Amy said...

hmm lots of info to digest there... hi to the pups! congrats on the new job! hope all works out as you guys want it to with Colorado! weight is a mystery--lol--i am having similar issue. weigh less, but clothes tighter, makes no sense. heh. is that everything? Oh, no it is not--FEEL BETTER!!!
:)

5/26/2006 1:55 AM  
Blogger IAmJonas said...

CO is one of my favorite places. Where in CO? Denver? I'm guessing that's where most of the software jobs are. Good luck!

5/26/2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Oh the waiting! Good idea to use your time to get the house ready... moving is the best motivation to clean up the house. Our old basement was livable only the last two weeks we lived there. We were wondering why we didn't do that work for ourselves, but would do it so quickly (only took a couple days) for complete strangers. I was actually thinking yesterday that we should pretend we're selling the new house and get it all decorated so we won't have to live with the piles of unhung pictures in the dining room any more! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you... maybe you could swing by KS on your way out ;)

Also, need you to email me cause I don't have a non-old-work email address for you. kjerstennielson@aol.com :)

5/27/2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Oh please. Listen to you with the "I'm so busy" and the "I've been running around like crazy and working so hard." Whatever. I so totally saw the television listings. I'm not stupid. I knew about the 48 hour Laguna Beach Marathon.

So don't be pulling that "working, busy, planning a wedding, blah blah blah" crap on this girl when you KNOW you are camped out in front of the television all up in Kristen's grill...

But seriously? The Colorado news? Kind of kicks ass. That's fantastic!!!

5/29/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Amy- Ahh thanks hon! We took Mr.B to the puppy park today. It's been a while so I had forgotten what an adventure that can be. Yeah, I so know my waist is just rebelling against me and expanding so I have no idea why the scale is going down. Oh, and the motivation to start getting my a$$ on the elliptical for the impending wedding, so not kicking in yet.

Jonas- Thanks! :) We're keeping our fingers, toes and everything else crossed. It'd be nice to be closer to my sis again too. The rest of the family...eh, it's not always a bad thing being across country from them. Hehe.

K- Yeah I can't believe what a motivation a potential move/sale is for cleaning and renovating the house! :)

PC- You're so frickin funny! I will admit to watching a few minutes here and there of LB. When is the new season? Come on already! I don't think that The Hills is going to fill that void...but we'll see.

5/29/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

So is there anything you need to tell me??? Huh...Huh.... :-)You aren't by chance pregnant. You lost 8 pounds and the dress doesn't fit. Either that or PMS is really kicking your *ss this month. Are you going to the doctor to see if they can find anything? I am so excited about Colorado I could burst. I always have my toes and fingers crossed for you guys. We could take 3 day weekends and visit each other. I miss your beautiful face so much. I love you!

5/30/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Mia...Um, no...if Sean has his way there will be no pitter patter of little feet until oh...about five or ten years from now.

6/01/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Mia- Oh, and I love you too! :) So want to go west...so want to go west...maybe if I just click my heels. :)

6/01/2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home