Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Friends...how many of us have them?

So this has been a roller-coaster of a year. Life with my honey is great. Stressful and crazed with the wedding planning, but we're tackling it together like we do everything else.

Work...well can't go into that quite yet. But trust me...I think there will be some very therapeutic venting in my near future. Is it April 17th yet?

I have a great core group of friends whom I love, adore and cherish dearly. However, over the last few years there have been some people who have tried to enter that circle. I hesitated, but with time grew to trust them. Unfortunately, lately it's been biting me in the a$$. Since when is it acceptable for someone to only be your friend when they need a shoulder to cry on or someone to sympathize with them? Or why would someone deem it ok to seek your advice and support when they're going through a tough experience, that you yourself have lived through and make you dredge up the past, but then suddenly vanish as soon as their life isn't in shambles. Others call as they please and when they finally decide to do so, they spend the entire conversation rattling on about their issues, life events and concerns. I guess I just don't get it because it would never cross my mind to treat someone I liked or disliked in that manner. It's just rude and hurtful. And lastly, there's the one whose willing to ask and listen to details of my life but absolutely refuses to divulge any information about their's. I don't even know what to call that....but it certainly isn't a friend. If you don't trust me enough to let me into your life, why do you care to know about mine? Or if you don't think I should have details about your life...um why are we friends? Help me out folks because I am just not smart enought to figure this out.

Updated to Add: Job Interview this Friday! It's less pay and the drive would so not be fun...but sounds like a great company and it may just be worthwhile to take something I'm over-qualified for as a way to get my foot in the door. So far the benefits look good to. :) Keep the prayers coming please! Thanks guys!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

sorry that people haven't been there for you. There's not much else I can say except that it's time you speak your mind, no matter what. Even to me, if you need to. A friend would try and understand both sides.

4/05/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

You're so silly. Finally, you create an account? :) Sheesh! You're an awesome friend and one of the few people in my life who keeps me sane. And you've also been through as much crap as I have so you know my pain, frustration and anger. Now, I bet you the people we talked about on the phone, the ones who this is really about, won't have a clue. Or if they do, will think an apology and witty comments will get them out of it. Nope, enough of that. :) No bitterness here! I guess if I can't kick ass at you know where, I'll do it on here damn it. Hehe. It's all about the small victories. Heh!

4/05/2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger IAmJonas said...

Damn girl, you sound just like me! Life's too short and time too precious to waste on people like that.

I was actually gonna ask you for some advice based on a post you wrote back in May but looks like it's bad timing now! Catch ya later maybe.

4/06/2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

woohooh you blogged. :-) Don't worry about those crappy so called friends. Life is way to short and you have way to many real friends that do love you (all of you). Then you have a great friend and lover in Sean who seems to totally adore you. I love you with all my heart and I will always be here for you. You are a kick a$$ chick and don't deserve any crap. You have way to much going on in your life right now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I have tried to call you all morning and I sent you a card. CALL ME!!!! I LOVE YOU

4/06/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Hi lady! It's the 17th, does that mean you're officially free from work? Yipee!!

Thank you for your sweet note the other day. So nice to have people sending out the good vibes at times like that. I will definitely be mentioning Keppra next time I'm in the doctor's office.

Hope the wedding planning is going well! Let me know if you need any help or recommendations... this planning is totally like a full time job sometimes!

4/17/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

IamJonas- There's really not an end in sight to the mayhem. So ask away. :)

Mia- Thanks sis! Hey, instead of harassing me about my how little I blog, why don't you use that time to start your own blog!!! Hehe.

K- I'm so glad you're ok. That's so scary. :) Definitely ask about the Keppra. Yes, I'm officially free and officially broke! Hahaha. Ok, not yet, but this time next month when my last paycheck arrives...um then I'll be scared. Hehe. Wedding planning...what's that? ;o) Hope everything is going well on your end. Your's is so close to being here! Eeeeeek!! *hugs* We miss you! Come back! Haha.

4/17/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home