Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March Madness

So the past few weeks have been such a blur. There's been extremely difficult mid-terms, so much so that as soon as the exams were placed in front of me the thought crossed my mind to just leave now and save myself the embarrassment. But I stayed...I'll find out this week if that was a wise choice. :) Last week it was wedding mayhem around here. Sean's delightful parents flew in to help with the planning. It was so nice to be able to show them the ceremony and reception sites and they loved both. Speaking of, Pastor H, who is supposed to marry us is not doing so well. They thought he was suffering from asthma, but it's actually something much more serious involving blockage of a major heart valve. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. He's such a kind and funny man. We wish him strength and good health and hope that he will still be able to officiate because I know he will add something very special to the day.
In other news, did I mention that I ate more food than any bride-to-be should even dare to while his parents were here? His mom's home-cooking is just too good to even try and resist. My dress is seriously intimidating me know. I guess I'll just have to girdle up really good! Ha! I know there's still "plenty" of time to get in shape for the wedding, I just need to make time to exercise and stop with the desserts already. Sheesh!
So I've officially joined the 21st century. No, I do not have an Ipod, but I do have my very own shiny PDA with a screen that has oh-so pretty colors. :) I'm trying it out today for the first time in class. Let's see if I can manage to type up anything that resembles English using the itty bitty super-cool keyboard attachment I got for it. Who knew I could be so high tech?
Ok, more to tell but I have my final mid-term today so I guess I should make yet another effort at studying. I know I'm slacking at this blogging thing lately, but I did warn you all. And honestly, my life isn't super exciting right now. There's work (which is ticking me off more than you know and on a regular basis now, but I don't want to dwell on the misery that is my office environment), school (I'm really struggling this semester...I think it's just lack of motivation because I've been going for so long and I'm just ready to be done with it already) and finally the wedding (which every time we think we've made huge progress, someone mentions something that we completely overlooked). Damn them! :) I keep telling Sean that all I need is him and the pastor and all the rest is just extra. If we forget something, eh...no one will know. Hopefully! Also, I don't want to turn this into the "Wedding Blog" because this is a nice escape from the craziness that surrounds that most of the time.
So maybe I'll just go back to buttering you guys up by showing lots and lots of Baden Pup pics...because my friends, if those don't melt your heart nothing will!

P.S. Bethers, I'm so sorry about Lambchop. Our furry babies are part of our family. I'm so sorry hon. *hugs*

P.S.S. To my other dear friend whose going through a hard time. I'm here for you and you have so many friends who love you and we'll do anything we can to help you through this. This includes giving you a kick in the a$$ if (when) you need it. You're stronger than you think and ultimately you'll make the choices that are right for you..because you're smart like that. Luv ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

mom's are good at that home cooking thing aren't they? i fattened my kids, john,myself and my father in law up today..i made a small turkey dinner since my fil helped J install a shower in our laundry room. thanks for the condolences. it was one of the toughest things i've had to do.

4/03/2006 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home