Monday, February 13, 2006

My First Public Service Announcement

So you know what burns and hurts like a mother f*cker? That would be getting extra pulp orange juice in your eye while wearing contacts. Yeah, so my entire drive in to work I was trying to ignore the tiny strings of pulp that were disrupting vision from my left eye. Me and my pulpy o.j. eye made it into work, but of course no one has contact solution here. (Before you ask yourself, "Well, why isn't she smart enough to carry it with her?"...Well, the answer would be that I just started wearing contacts again because I've been battling dry eye issues so my eye doc is having me try out various brands of dry eye contacts...Anyways, bottom line I haven't had a chance to go buy a travel bottle or even one to just store at the office.)Thank God, one of the ladies had something called Blink & Clear?, and that combined with some water helped me scrub most of it off.

Public Service Announcement 2: Water doesn't do a very good job of moisturizing a contact and getting a dry contact to stick to your eye is a b*tch!

Public Service Announcement 3: Always carry make-up with you so you can do emergency touch ups. I now have eyeliner and mascara on the bottom of my right eye, but it has all rubbed off under my left eye. Now, I could attempt to make them match but then I risk messing up my concealer and scaring everyone with my dark circles. So I guess for today, the eyes, they won't match. Gah!! I'll just tell all my coworkers that it's the latest trend in fashion and that I'm tre chic.

Mondays....who needs them? Bah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zube Girl said...

Okay, this sounds really gross, but saliva is what I use when I don't have any drops. I know, I know. It's nasty and probably not all that great for my eyes, but I think water is worse. I'm not sure on that though.

2/18/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Don't think I was up for trying that since I had bacon, eggs and o.j. for breakfast. Hehe! Hmm, you must have really clean spit! :)

2/19/2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home