Friday, January 06, 2006

When the F*ck did I become a Mam?

So apparently, the Starbucks by our house is the local high school hangout. I made the mistake of going there a few days ago around 3, which is just about when school gets out. As I was leaving I held the door open for a teenage boy walking in. On the upside, the kid had manners. On the downside, he said, "Um,..thank you..Mam!" I happened to be on the phone with my friend Usha at the time, so she got to witness my horror and dismay firsthand. Both of which she found quite amusing. That's ok, she can laugh away because she'll always be a year older than me. That's right Missy Usha, so if I qualify as a Mam, then you may just be of age to join the AARP. Ha! Love ya girlie!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zube Girl said...

I HATE being called M'am. I get that at the front desk when I'm working ALL. THE. TIME.

1/08/2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

i've not been m'am'd yet..does that make you hate me? and to think i'll be 30 in May. Maybe i'm not good enough for a m'am *pouts*...as you can see i'm being sensitive to your plight as usual :P

1/09/2006 12:59 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I was TOTALLY traumatized the first time a teenager called me "lady" and "ma'am" has been even worse. I wonder if they do it on purpose... knowing full well that it drives us crazy?

1/11/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Guess who...

Have you missed me? Yep it's Gary your favorite fag on the far coast.

They are at it again.

http://usagenda.blogspot.com/2006/01/oh-no-not-in-pennsylvania-i-dont-think.html

1/12/2006 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home