Monday, January 16, 2006

Back from the State Where Everything is Supersized

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but rather had to hit the road again to travel for work. This time to San Antonio where I ate more food than is humanely possible and which I'm sure will be staying with me for some time to come. I endured major embarassment and frustration and stupidity while trying to give a presentation. It all worked out in the end and I did manage to recover somewhat gracefully or so I'm telling myself. I missed my boys like crazy! Oh, and have I mentioned the super turbulent flight and the multiple approaches we had to make due to rather mean gusts of winds. Yes, not a good scenario for someone whose already a paranoid, super nervous flyer. And it especially did not help when the girl next to me started crying and praying. Oh, and the guy on the other side of me was telling me about a tv program he watched about the American Airlines plane crash (same Airline we were on..thank you very much, but not the best timing). Apparently, he didn't think better of mentioning something like this to a girl whose crying and one (me) who was bent over her knees staring into a barf bag and thinking how will it all ever fit into this teeny tiny bag? It was then that I decided if I did get sick I so knew whose direction I was going to toss my cookies in. I know, nice imagery. Ok, so stories to tell but first I must recover from the mental and physical exhaustion. Oh, and get through the many loads of laundry that await me. What's been up with all of you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

sorry to hear things didn't go smoothly...i flew with american airlines one time...NEVER again...

1/18/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

What is wrong with the weather around here?? Last couple times I've flown in it's been super-rough and I almost puked myself.

So, yeah, laundry, should probably be getting to some of that myself. Looking forward to more updates!

1/18/2006 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home