Saturday, December 10, 2005

Look Out World's Biggest Smallest City

It's 4:18am, on a Saturday, isn't it illegal to be up this early? Let me clarify- it's not by choice. I board a plane today to go back west. The upside, I get to see my wonderful big sis.... Oh yeah, I get to see the rest of my family or at least the ones who didn't go out of town although they knew full well I was coming in today. Nice, huh? Par for the course.... Anyways. The downside...I have to spend the week at a conference, where I have to be an obstructer to a less than friendly crowd, speaking about a program which I know pretty well, but this crowd given that they all come from a similar work background, which I don't...well they always seem to ping me with the questions, that unless you've been there done that, you just wouldn't know. So yeah, they'll probably throw eggs at me as they call me little lady and sweetheart. Anyone want to change places??

I know I've sucked at this blog thing ya'll....but hey writing a post, this early!, that's gotta make you feel a little loved. I won't get back home until the 18th. Speaking of...have I mentioned yet how much I'm going to miss my Seanie, Baden Pup and Tigger Kitty. No furry kisses or stinky wet licks (from the animals of course). Damn it, Baden just came downstairs- I thought to hang out with me- nope the punk stole the rest of my English muffin. Eh....too tired to fight him for it. :) Seanie...I love you honey and I'm going to miss you so much while I'm away. The ache and that feeling like you're just not quite whole, won't subside until I'm back here with you and the "kids". I know most of you may think it's silly that I'm all sappy about 8 days away, but well too bad. Ha! Seriously, I spent most of my life not knowing what the sane, non-dysfuntional meaning of family was. Sean and his wonderful family have given me that and so much more. So now that I finally have a family that brings smile rather than tears, happy rather than horrified laughter and support rather than criticism, I finally have a home that I love being in and coming back to every day. It's all that ever hoped for and feared I'd never have. I thank God every day Sean for bringing you in to my life and thank you for being my rock, my sanity and the housekeeper/Starbucks errand boy the last few weeks. I appreciate it and I appreciate you.

All right ya'll I'm running late...chat at ya when I get back. Don't let me forget to tell you the story about how our vet laughed at Sean's "Huh?!?". Hehe.

Thanks for bearing with me through all the madness of the past few weeks. I survived and finished final on times....barely...no really. Thanks to a freak snow storm that almost caused me an incomplete in the course.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

try not to lose the last bit of your sanity hon...i usually can't wait to get away from john, but after a day or two i realize i'm only so much fun by myself, ha ha..so i understand missing sean and your "babies" :) ...be safe and hurry back *big hugs* ..oh and most importantly..have fun with your sis ;)

12/10/2005 9:29 AM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

Sorry you have to spend a week away. I know how it feels to be away from the family for that long, I've had to do it for work before and just missed them all so so much. Thank god for cell phones! I know you'll be calling home a bunch.
Glad to hear you made it through finals! Now maybe I can actually see you two instead of just playing phone tag with you!
Have a great trip!

12/11/2005 1:39 PM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

My friend just sent this to me and I thought it was great so i'll post it here. So true and will help you keep it all in perspective!

Someone will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger. They will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school. And their partners will fix more things around the house. So let it go and love you and your circumstances. Think about it. The best looking person in the
world can have hell in their heart. And the most highly favored person on your job may be unable to have children. The richest person you know has the car, the house, the clothes - but might be heartbreakingly lonely. So, love you. Love who you are right now. Tell yourself, "I am too blessed to be stressed." Be blessed and pass this on to encourage others. "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world."

12/13/2005 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home