Wednesday, November 09, 2005

If You're Expecting Wit or Sunshine...Look Elsewhere

So the last six days have been a blur. I've forgotten what it's like to not be a raging-stress-a-holic. Did I mention that my lovely happy pill meds have decided to go into "poop out" effect? Yes, folks apparently that's the smarty pants medical term for it. So the big plan was to get into the doc this week to get on something else, but of course both school and work have conspired against me to make that impossible. I'm telling ya, I was not made for this hectic, high pressure, over-demanding lifestyle. I was meant to be a lady of leisure. Haha!

Let's see in other news, here's just a recap of the last few days:

Friday- Call grandmother to have a rational, calm, adult discussion about a matter of some contention. Yeah, I so knew that wouldn't happen. Let's just say there was cursing involved (on her part not mine, c'mon I'm a lady) and she hung up on me. So yeah, typical crazy Mexican grandma behavior.

Sunday- Went to church and listened to kick ass guest speaker. She was a very wise woman and totally in synch with the way I think. Ahh, so refreshing considering that Burger-Butt spends half his time looking at me cock-eyed like I'm crazy and he can't believe my mind actually works the way it does. We met with the Pastor afterwards to make sure that he was willing to officiate our wedding. We spoke with him before briefly, but we just wanted to double check that he was willing to marry us and that it could happen in the church. (We weren't sure if the whole already living in sin thing would maybe be a problem....yeah, talk about awkward situation.) He noted that while yes, he would prefer that we weren't living together, we already are so shouldn't he encourage making it legit with marriage (or something like that). All I know is he said yes and we can get married in the church and we didn't get made to feel like heathens and happy, happy, happy!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

Congrats on finalizing the officiant line on your to-do list!

I am so sorry that you are stressed out... although I don't doubt that you are handling everything better than I EVER could. Keep plugging along and I'm sure you'll feel better once school is out.

Please tell me about this 'poop out' effect. I am scared that it will happen to me too. What are the symptoms, what do you do about it???

11/10/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

What a great church you go to. They aren't going to punish you for living in sin. I like his way of thinking.You are doing the nasty together and you can't take it back so lets make it legitimate.
:-)
A sin or not I still think living together first is the best way to go. If that is the worse thing you do in life the god I believe in will forgive. By the way is that the church you took me to on Easter?

11/11/2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

P.S. What's up with all the high tech security on your blog? Next are we going to need a credit report and blood test? :-) I LOVE YOU!!!!!

11/11/2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger Zube Girl said...

Yay! You have an officiant! Ours was Zube Boy's Dad, 'cause he's an atheist and I don't really know what I am.

And I was SHOCKED and AMAZED that my uber-Catholic family seemed okay with it. :-) Maybe they wanted us 'living in sinners' to be made legit, too.

Sorry your stressing. I hereby decree that you need a bubble bath!

11/12/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

sorry you're stressing out...kaylin's meds are pooping out on her too for her odc, so i have a slight inkling of what you're going through..sorry about your gramma...i'll probably be like that when i'm old, cussin along with the rest of em..maybe i should get a spitoon and start chewin me some tobaccy :P ... good news about the minister agreeing to marry you..you know how i feel about what religious people think, so i'll just leave it at that :D

11/12/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

that was supposed to be ocd not odc...doh!

11/12/2005 4:29 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

K- Trust me if your meds go into poop out effect, you'll so know. And if you don't I'm sure Greg, like Sean, will be happy to inform you that you're behaving quite irrational and highly exceeding your alloted number of bitch moments.

Mia- Haha..you're such a dork! Yep, same church and the one I was baptised in. It has a nice long aisle to walk down. Although I may just do a fast run/walk seeing as how the thought of having all those eyes on me sends me into panic attack mode.

Zube- I think I may be beyond a bubble bath remedy, unless the tub is filled with tequila. ha!

Bethers- How would I know how you feel given how quiet and tight-lipped you are about your opinions. hahaha! :) Ahh, I'm sorry Cutie K's meds are giving her problems as well. Also, I'm sure it's a pain in the arse for you too. Hope it's resolved soon. I still have yet to have time to get into the doc's office.

11/14/2005 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home