Sunday, October 30, 2005

Super Girl

Ok, so I totally did not cry...ok, fine maybe I did tear up a little bit. Sheesh, cut me some slack. I'm such a wuss when it comes to physical pain. Burger-Butt and I went out to dinner tonight. It was our first venture out together since the weekend from hell because he's been sick all week. And we all know men when they're sick, heaven forbid you make them leave the comfort of their smelly pajamas or their favorite sprawled out position on the couch. (Love ya honey!) But tonight we went to California Pizza Kitchen. Can I just say mmmmm...yummy Chicken Steamed Dumplings with Ginger Sauce.

We decided to go to the mall to check out some jewelry stores and look for wedding bands. We happened to pass by one of those Piercing Pogada booths. So being the shopping fanatic that I am I've passed those a million times before. However, tonight genius struck me and I decided to get my ears pierced! (I had them pierced when I was really young but they got badly infected and I just gave up and let them close. Turns out the damn holes were uneven anyways. Hmmph!) So Now- I officially have pierced ears and the holes line up and everything. How cool is that? Ok, so the pain and discomfort that has me up right now, not so cool. But it is pretty cute how Sean keeps lusting after my ears and staring. He thinks they make me look "really" girly. I think that was a compliment. *lol*

So the ten-year-old who went before me was like super bionic child. She didn't even flinch at all when they pierced her ears.

Me on the other hand, I jumped very high and teared up. But I didn't run off screaming after the first ear was done and refuse to let her torture me through the second. And I didn't sob uncontrollably. So take that 10-year-old Super Girl!

Um, does anyone want to volunteer to clean my ears twice a day for me? It really is a pain. (Yes, I know it's important and I'm doing it. I'm just lazy. Hehe.) Sean did say he'd do it for me. But yeah, that's like letting a bull in a china shop. I don't know if my poor ears would surive. And I am kind of attached them. They're actually pretty cute, especially since I didn't get my grandpa's Dumbo ears. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

k i'm trying really hard not to laugh...hahahaha crap i didn't last.... we all have different thresholds when it comes to pain..i'm sure you're being the toughest little trooper you can be :) ... having said that...i would rule out ever getting a tattoo and if you have kids...i would ask for the epidural right away ;) jk ... i'll bet they look purty... you'll have to take a pic :D

10/30/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Zube Girl said...

Cool! Yeah, they are kind of a pain to take care of. I know. But it's doable. I've got three in one ear, and two in the other!

Yay. AND, earrings are so much fun. :-)

10/30/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Wow congrats! Hopefully you won't have the problems you did last time. I bet they look really cute. I am down to 5 usable holes in my left ear and 4 in my right. At one time I had 7 in my left ear. I think that was a little overboard.

10/31/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Well congratulations sweetie!! I'll have to send you some earrings.

11/01/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

DISCRIMINATION ACTION ALERT!!!

Today the Senate Judiciary Committee is going to try to advance the "Marriage Protection Amendment" out of committee.

According to HRC we have a sympathetic ear in the Chairman, Arlen Specter. He is opposed, and has the power to keep this faith-based amendment from seeing the Senate floor.

They are urging us to call his DC office and encourage his opposition to the "Marriage Protection Amendment."

I have contact info on my page. Feel free to borrow and share anything from the post you would like.

We have a small, but URGENT window of opportunity here. Please call him!

11/01/2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I just got my ears 'officially' pierced last June. It was technically the fourth time, but I couldn't handle the responsibility of keeping the earrings in and cleaning them all the time. I got a ton of complements after I had them pierced (with teensy cz studs)... guess it does make a big difference can't wait to see yours.

And, it totally hurts. I would start crying if somebody touched them on accident. Very tender little earlobes have I.

11/01/2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Bethers- Oh please, the epidural is mandatory. The more drugs the better. Actually, just knock me out and wake me up after the baby arrives. Haha! Oooh, maybe I could get some laughing gas. :)

Zube- I can't wait until I can actually change them out and wear different ones. It's the perfect excuse to go shopping!

Mia- Where the hell was I when you were getting all these piercings? 7? I so don't remember that. Any other piercings I should know about? On second thought, don't tell me! Hehe.

PC- Is it any wonder I adore you? ;o)

Gary- Coming over next to check out your lastest post. Thanks for the update! I've been staying on top of this. Did you hear about the ruling that recently passed in the VA legislature? Ridiculous and infuriating and ignorant!

K- Yeah, Sean is still staring at them. He's in lust with my ears! haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose a wuss when it comes to pain. :) We're just highly sensitive and very delicate. Haha!

11/01/2005 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home