Friday, October 21, 2005

Hitting the Road and Mommy Anxiety is at Full Throttle

So we're attending a wedding this weekend in Southern VA about 3 1/2 hours from where we live. It's a high school friend of Sean's and one of his groomsmen, but I've never met the bride or groom. So yeah...Sean better be ready to entertain me since I won't really know anyone else who will be there. Doesn't that sound like fun ya'll? And the city we're going to is one that no one has ever heard of. Yes, quite exciting. Not to mention this will put very, very far behind with my homework. Oh well, at least there will be free drinks and food. Hehe!

Unfortunately the Hilton isn't Baden-friendly. So Baden Pup will be staying with with his Aunt Angie overnight while we're away. This will be the first time that we'll both be away from Baden at the same time. I'm nervous, worried and sad. I know Ang will take great care of him and that Baden will have fun with her. I'll just miss snuggling with my Mr.Baden-boo at night or waking up in the middle of the night because he's pushing me off the bed or hogging my pillow. Yes, all this sappy emotional hoopla is over a dog...but not any dog, my dog. If it's this hard to leave him, I can't imagine how parents feel living a child. But Baden Pup is my child..he's just extra furry and happens to walk on all fours. So laugh if you must, but this is quite traumatic. Ok, not so much for him or Sean, but for me it is.

5 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Mia said...

You are such a good mommy. Ang is a great person and I know she will take great care of him. I had panic attacks about leaving Cheyanne this past weekend. It is amazing how much you can love a pet. Have fun at the wedding and you guys drive safe. Love ya

10/21/2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

you guys are so funny *LOL* ... i love my pets,but i guess just not enough to worry about them too badly :)...i figure as long as the dogs are with someone i trust and the cats are looked in on at least every other day while we're gone, i don't worry too much about it :) ... try and have fun at the wedding...don't drink too much, we don't need drunk lisa staggering around and drunk crying about baden-boo :P i know, i know, i'm rotten :D

10/21/2005 4:59 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Mia- Oh, I so know that as soon as I step through Ang's door on Sunday and see Baden-boo that I'm going to start balling like a baby and all of them will be laughing at me. :)

Bethers- Yeah, Tigger Kitty I'm not worried about because he could care less. As long as he has food and a clean litter box he has no use for humans. Haha! But Baden is my sidekick, so if he's not around then it feels like something is missing. And yes, if I could take him to work and school and shopping with me I so would. :) Hehe. Maybe I should pretend he's my seeing eye dog. Although, being the spazz he is I don't think anyone would believe it.

10/21/2005 5:42 PM  
Blogger Zube Girl said...

Oh, don't feel bad. I worry when we leave Zack, too. The cats can fend for themselves, but not Zack.

Hope you have fun!

10/23/2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Zube- Um, fun wouldn't quite be the word to describe what we experienced this weekend. :) Speaking of thinking of things you wished you had said....haha.

10/23/2005 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home