Wednesday, September 21, 2005

West Coast Mia Gets Another Year Wiser!

Ahh, my big sis...today is her bday. And as such, I had to write a seperate post full of sappiness just for her. First though, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORIA!!! I love ya sweetie. And I especially love that you'll always be older than me. Haha!

So many things to thank you for....
- Taking me in oh-too-many-times-to-count.
- Not saying "I Told You So" even when it was warranted.
- Keeping me sane through our childhood.
- Being one of the strongest, sweetest, best-hearted and bravest women I know.
- Standing up to our Mom for me countless times.
- Always fighting for me and being in my corner.
- Being such a mischievious teenager and breaking in the grandparents for me.
- Teaching me how to swipe money from you-know-who without her noticing. (No, I will not go in to details. This was bad, very bad.)
- Dating so many hotties as a teenager, it always made for good eye candy.
- Being my source of strength and comfort more times than I can count.
- Having Jasper who was one of the sweetest and cutest dogs ever! And now I have my niece Cheyanne.
- Introducing me to the beautiful scenic area that is Monterey.
- Having the wits, courage and good humor to live in the same city as some of our family. And you've stayed sane which is no small feat.
- Just being one hell of a kick ass chick who I am proud to call my sister and can't imagine this world without.

What I don't thank you for....
- Being the only one who was sneaky enough to know how to find me when I ran away.
- Getting more than your fair share of the pretty genes. :)
- Never following me across country so you could live nearby and visit often.
- Dragging my scantily clothed self back in the house and making me put more clothes on before I went to the mall. I blame the hoochie girl..Christina...who happened to be my side kick at the time.
- Becoming friends with Crack-Head Hooker Terri who lived in our Apartment Complex.
- Teaching me to use cooking oil to tan with. Thank God we only did that for one summer.
- Not learning how to cook or pick up after yourself until after we stopped living together.

**Don't forget to read the post that follows...I have a surprise for you my dears!**

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

happy birthday mia :) ... lis you're lucky to have had a sister to teach you all of those things and look out for your goofy a** :P

9/22/2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Thank you for the nice words. Wow Terri, what a sad flashback. I don't think I would have thanked me for that one either. :-) The apartment thing wasn't always the best but I wouldn't change it for anything. I would go back to it in a heartbeat to be with you again. And for the record you have as many pretty genes as me if not more. And at least you got the skinny genes. You are the best sister I could ever have. I love you with all my heart. You know if by some small chance you ever moved somewhere closer out here we are planning to move out of state. Maybe some day we will live close to each other again. That would be the best gift ever. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Beth: Thank you! You are a sweetheart.

9/22/2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Wow, I can't even hold a candle to Mia in the older sister department. I guess I need to start making up for lost time w/ the siblings!

9/23/2005 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home