Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend Warrior

So to summarize this weekend, I kicked ass in all things wedding-related thanks to my handsome fiance and Miss Ang. On Saturday, Ang and I went to a bridal shoppe where I tried on five, yes count them, five wedding dresses. That's a lot of work people! Those things are heavy and poofy and hot! There was one that Ang really liked, but nothing really caught my eye. Ok, what's up with the rooms with three way mirrors? Like I really need to see the cellulite on my thighs from three diffent angles. Thanks! Such the ego booster. So this led to cranky, bitter Lisa who started to rethink having ate fried shrimp, shrimp scampi and lots of garlic cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster earlier that day. So we have roughly a little more than 11 months until W-day. I can do this...I can tone up my flabby wing like upper arms, get buns of steel rather than saggy tush that touches the back of my legs, and vanish the squishy love handles. I can do this people, right? Do you think I'll have to exercise or give up sweets? ;-) I did get on the elliptical Friday night, haven't been on it since, but hey baby steps. Oh, and I did pick a bridesmaid dress and color. I tried the dress on myself since Ang had been raving about how flattering the style was. She was so right! If I could wear this dress for my walk down the aisle I so would. :) What you mean I can't match my bridal party? Why not? It's my day!

After leaving the bridal shoppe, we made what turned into a two hour excursion into Michaels. God, I love that store!
- Cardstock for the Save the Date announcements with matching ribbon (all on clearance)...check!
- Invitation cardstock, vellum, ribbon, envelopes, (partially on clearance) etc...check!
- Seating place cards...check.
- Ideas for centerpiecies...lots and lots.

Sunday, Sean dragged me to the Bridal Showcase. Hehe! Talk about an overwhelming, out-of-body experience. The parking lot was full, inside the convention center was wall-to-wall people, and vendors were tightly packed together. Did I mention the two floors of vendors? Our eyes glazed over and our mouths dropped open. But being the little troopers that we are, we braved it. We threw elbows to get cake samples (ok, so I did even though we already have our cake picked out). We got business cards, pamphlets, posters, pens, buttons, samples, and other goodies from tons of folks which Sean went through and organized all of it last night. (No, you can't have him, he's mine.) It only took the poor guy four or five hours. I know, my honey rocks! We picked out some possible tuxes for Sean and the groomsmen and struck a deal with The Men's Wearhouse. My babe will be stylin. Oh, and we picked the ceremony song. Or I think we have since Sean downloaded it last night and has been playing it over and over and over. No, really I don't mind. I'm not at all tired of hearing Canon in D repeatedly. It's fine honey! We felt so productive as we dragged our exhausted bodies out to the car. Although, I think Sean was disappointed that I absolutely refused to wear the cheesy heart-shaped "Bride to Be" button that they were giving out as you came through the entrance. Yes, I'm excited about my impending nuptials, but that's a bit much.

So you may be wondering with all this productive energy going towards the wedding plans, however did I find time for homework. The answer is, I didn't. That is until last night. So of course, I was up late feverishly reading and taking notes. And now this morning my sweets, I am utterly exhausted. But yet I still somehow mustered the energy to jot down this book of an entry for you fine folks, because I am that devoted. Ok, maybe it's because I'm procrasting on starting my work day. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Wow sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I am glad that you made it out of the bridal expos all in one piece. I hate going to those things. You would think that it would be a place with women floating around on cloud nine. Instead you find not so nice women who are stressed to the max who forgot their manners at the door. But you can get some good deals and great ideas. I received the brochures you sent me. What a beautiful place. Just from the pictures it seems like a magical place. It is so nice that Sean is being such a big help in all this. Believe me not many men want to help out that much. I think I have only met two guys that wanted to be a big part of the planning and Sean is one of them. :-)
I love you and so wish I could be a bigger part of all your wedding plans.

9/12/2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Sounds like Sean is way into this wedding thing. How nice! Most guys are kinda standoffish about wedding planning. It's great that he's getting right down in the details with you so you can both have the wedding that you've always wanted.

9/12/2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Mia- I'm lucky that he is so helpful, but he should be. I mean it's his day too! Plus, there's just no way with work and school that I could do it all alone and be a pleasant person to be around. :)

K- Yeah, I'm fortunate that my honey is a complete control freak when it comes to everything. Hehe. :) So the engagement is right around the corner, huh? I'm so excited for you! :)

9/12/2005 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home