Monday, September 05, 2005

We Have a Site, Unless Sean Changes His Mind (Again)

We have (dare I say) a wedding site. Now, keep in mind this could change because my honey loved the place at first and then yesterday asked if we could "talk" (I know..never a good thing) and was re-thinking whether or not we should hold the wedding at this place. What, are you out of mind?? Are you trying to make me beat you over the head with a very hard object? I must have not heard you right Sean because you have to realize that I'm in a fragile state and just one step away from packing us a bag and heading to Vegas!

We did hold a date at this place, it's August 25, 2006. However, we're hoping September 15 becomes available. If not, it's not that big a deal. Either one is late enough in the summer and given that the event will take place on a Friday evening, hopefully humidity will be at minimum. Because I'm in no way amused by the thought of sporting a frizzy, puff-puff hair style that looks like a tribute to Macy Gray at my wedding. I'm warning my curly q's now just in case they're tempted to misbehave and stage a mutiny on my wedding day. I'll be having none of that! You hear me hair?!?! Yes, I'm having conversations with my hair and I realize this means I'm insane. I knew this already...if you didn't...well you must be a newbie. :)

Anyways, I'm quite pleased that it appears we're back in agreement that the wedding will be held at the Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. Thank God, because I'm so burned out on visiting sites and gathering information and cost proposals. Yuck, bleh! I want to get on to the fun stuff like eating cake, dress shopping and picking out pretty flowers. Seriously though...I wonder how many people break up during the wedding planning process because it is a huge pain in the ass! I thought the home searching/purchasing process was quite the relationship test; however, I think this wedding stuff has far surpassed the pain house hunting caused us.

So I'll leave you with the Atrium which is where the actual reception will be held. I wish there were more pics on the website and of course we forgot to take the camera. Oh well, we'll be making another visit soon to take lots of pics for the scrapbook. I'll post them then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

woot! i'm sure that no matter where y'all decide to get married, it'll be perfect :) ... you're making me feel better about my civil ceremony though *LOL*

9/06/2005 10:41 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

It looks like a very beautiful place. I can't wait to see more pictures. Planning a wedding is hard. I sooo wish I was there to be able to help you. I know that your hair will be beautiful. Are you going to have a up or down do?

9/06/2005 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home