Thursday, September 29, 2005

Poems for the Potty & Bad Puppy Parents

So I had to leave at 7:15 today for a meeting at 9 a.m. thanks to good 'ol DC area traffic. I decided to make a quick run to the restroom before my meeting began and was suprised to see that they had provided plenty of reading material. There were two notes taped to the back of the stall door. There was a little something for everyone.

Note 1:
If you Sprinkle when you Tinkle...
Please be Neat and wipe the Seat

Note 2:
Look this isn't a rest stop bathroom or a bathroom off of I-95. If you leave a wet spot, clean it up. If you don't who do you think is going to? Your mom isn't going to come clean up YOUR mess. It is RUDE and Unprofessional and Ignorant. Wipe up your wetness. Don't be RUDE!

Um, can we say split personality disorder. I always knew this particular company hired a bunch of overwound yuppie freaks! :)

On Another Note....

So I get home and am greeted by an email that left me extremely PISSED! Sean has had a rough week as well. So we decided to go out for dinner and drinks. We're barely out of our neighborhood when we see a doggy all alone running down the sidewalk. Of course I had Sean pull over and luckily I was able to coax the dog into coming up to me. He was a cute little Chow/Shepherd mix male (with um..all his parts in tact). I sat there with him while Sean drove around to see if there were any frantic owners looking for him. We tried to get him in the truck to drive him back to our house, but he was not happy about being put in a car. So Sean continued his driving around while I walked the dog to our house. We got home and put him in the backyard. I got him some water and treats. Sean was not keen on the idea of letting Baden play with him, but I thought it was ok. I mean the dog looked healthy and well taken care of. He obviously had owners, he knew commands. Long story short, he and Baden got on really well and chased each other and played for an hour and a half, then Animal Control showed up. The lady wasn't very comforting. I wanted to make sure the dog wouldn't be put down and to find out how long the owners would have to find him and how we could check on his status, etc. The dog will be there for 11 days at which time since he's a friendly guy he'd be put up for adoption. We have the option of adopting him too, get first dibs, if we contact them on the 11th day. I'm going to keep checking up on him to make sure his owners claim him. If not, well...we'll have to see where we go from there. Maybe Sean will let me have another pup. It was great seeing Baden so happy and having so much fun. Oh, did I mention that I cried after the dog left and drank wine? Yes, I'm a tad emotional. I really wanted to keep him with us and look for the owner. But Sean had a good point, that the first place the owners will look is the shelter. I just keep picturing him alone in a cage. Poor guy. F**kin people. If you're going to own a pet, then keep an eye on it and stop letting your animals run around without an ID and tags you damn morons!! Animals are just as innocent and helpless as children and deserve to be protected and watched over.

I'm so irate! This is lost doggy #3 we've found in the neighborhood and we've only lived hear about a year and a half. What the hell is wrong with people? How do you not notice your dog is missing? I'd be hysterical if Baden were to get out and wouldn't rest until he was back home safe with us.

Btw, I took pics of Baden and the Mystery Chow...I'll post them tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

*raises hand slowly* i'm one of those morons of which you speak *LOL*... hattie is actually tagged and could care less if she runs off as she's dumber'n a box of rocks...lambchop on the other hand isn't tagged, is blind and deaf and somehow manages to keep getting out of the backyard..luckily she doesn't leave the yard, usually just sits on the front porch..and any other time she's gotten out, our neighbors have brought her back to us or called to let us know she's out...as for the bathroom signs, i'm sorry but the second one cracked me up..maybe because i feel the same way whenever i use a restroom in public...if you're going to stand and pee, use a freakin urinal ladies, you'd make much less mess that way *L*...hope the puppy gets found *hugs*

9/30/2005 1:58 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I hate sprinkles on the seat. Maybe I should tape messages in our restrooms (the first version of course).

This is the third dog you've found... maybe the same people own all three dogs? They keep getting new dogs and you guys (the responsible ones) keep taking them to the shelter. There should be a test before people are allowed to own animals... same kind of test that people have to take prior to adopting a child.

9/30/2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

yea - some people dont deserve to have doggies!

But you are such a good person for taking such good care of them when you find them.

9/30/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I feel the same way about animals as you do. When we went camping and Cheyanne broke off her leash and took off running my heart jumped out of my throat. Steve yelled for her to sit and she did and we caught up with her. Just thinking I could have lost her in the woods forever I broke down and cried. People make me mad when they say it is just a dog. If you feel that way you shouldn't own one. If you don't treat an animal like you would your child you shouldn't own one. They need to be loved, fed, and most importantly taken to a vet if they are sick. You and Sean are such sweet people. Most people would of kept on going. Not that I would blame them. You always take a chance going up to stray animals. I can't tell you how much I love your kind hearts.

9/30/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger AnoniMs. said...

You two are such wonderful people! I have always just loved that about you...so good to your "kids." You know my philosophy....the more kids the better!

10/01/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Bethers- You stop that right now lady! Seriously, you can't let your dogs run around. What if they were to get hurt or permanently lost? Don't make me come out there young lady! :)

K- So agree there needs to be a pet ownership worthiness test! Is Greg relenting on the snake idea at all? :) Isn't that first sign cute. Cracked me up.

E- Ahh, thanks. Well, god forbid Baden ever got away from us I'd definitely want someone to do the same for him. I really wanted to keep the little guy too. *sigh* Sean never lets me. Which I guess is good because by now we'd have a sled team. :)

Mia- Ahh, thanks. I know you'd do the same. And forget the crying if Baden got away, I'd be hysterical and knocking on all the doors for blocks around. I would be inconsoleable. Just thinking about it upsets me.

Miss N- I'd so love to have more kids, but darn Sean keeps putting his foot down. He does have a point, money is tight. Today kicks off the start of my switching to part-time hours and we don't have a whole lot of extra space. Mostly there's no room on our bed for a second dog with the way Baden and Sean like to sprawl out. I miss ya lady. What's going on?

10/01/2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Lis..i put em in the backyard, which is fenced and has locked gates...we've done about all we can to make sure they stay back there...i actually find it a little funny that lambchop can get out of the backyard..we can't figure out how she's doing it,especially since she's blind and deaf, ha ha ha. so honestly, there's really only so much you can do..i'm not about to chain em up, cause that's not right..the only time hattie got out, she ran over to the park behind out house and into the middle of a soccer game..john was rather embarrassed to have to run over there and get her, much to my amusement *lmao*...as for the dogs..i have three kids and a husband..no offense, but the dogs are a tad lower on the totem pole than those four people :).

10/01/2005 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home