Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Only Two Takers? Damn, See if I Proposition You Again!

These questions come by way of one of my favorite bloggers and Southern Sweetie Pie, Painting Chef.

-Looking back 10 years, where are you compared to where you thought you'd be?

At 16, I had just been pretty much kicked out of the house by my "mother" (I use the term loosely). I decided to do home studies for the latter part of my senior year so I could graduate early and start working full-time so my wonderful big sis Mia wouldn't have to support her kid sis for long. Back then my expectations were fairly low, I just wanted to be able to afford rent and food other than Taco Bell. I totally kicked ass with that plan. I think the thing that suprises me most is that I'm a homeowner. Me? From a family of perpetual renters...I own a home. Ok, so Sean owns it too. But it's still mine all mine and I'm not paying someone else's mortgage. Yippee! I was hoping though that I'd be done with school by now. I've been working on my Bachelors for the past 4+ years and am only half way there due to credits not transferring from California and work getting in the way. I'll get there though...eventually. I'll probably graduate with my future kids. Haha!


- If you could only listen to three CDs for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Hmmm, that's tough. No laughing at my response either. Probably the Journey greatest hits cd (hey, scoff if you will but 80's music rocks). And my latest addiction is the new Josh Groban cd. And...Savage or as Miss Nikki likes to call them Sappy Garden. Hehe. Oh shit, jut remembered I couldn't live without my Evanescence. Ok, I guess Journey has to go.

- What's the worst you've ever screwed someone over?

Hmm, intentional or unintentional? I think I'll have to go with unintentional because I can't think of an example of the other. I'd have to say that Hubby #1, we'll call him J (yes for those of you who didn't know I've been once married before) got more than he bargained for. I was so young, only 19 when we married, and so naive. I came from a family of complete chaos, insanity and evilness (yes, I was actually thrilled when my parents said they were divorcing because it meant that I wouldn't have to watch them beat the crap out of eachother any more). I didn't know who I was, let alone how to be someone's wife. I panicked when the rough times surfaced and ran without really giving the marriage or J a fair shot. I was just so terrified that at some point, this man who put me on a pedestal would realize how stupid that was and how I so wasn't worthy and I didn't want to be abandoned again. So this time, I did the leaving. I was such a bundle of raw scared angry nerves that I couldn't deal with my own pain let alone see someone else's, but I still regret having caused him any hurt or sadness. And despite numerous mistakes on both parts, we came out fairly unscathed. He's still one of the people I respect most in the world and he truly deserves to have a happy, fulfilling life. We're still friends though and know that if push came to shove, we'd have each other's back. Alas, I grew up, attended therapy for several years, got on Zoloft and poof, suddenly I'm capable of having a normal, healthy relationship. (Oh, and it helps that Sean understands and accepts my craziness and has perfected a careful balancing between tolerating it and putting me in my place when need be...hehe.)

Kjersten (who recently lost 7 pounds, count them 7...GO K!) asked...

-What would your ideal job be like?
I'd love to have a job that allowed me to travel to exotic and tropical places where I'd get to participate in and learn about local life and customs. Oh, and it would allow me to bring Baden Pup and Tigger Kitty with me. Ok, ok..Sean too because I need some eye candy too. It would allow me to meet and play with local wildlife too. I so want swim with dolphins! I also always thought party planning or interior design would be fun. And I'm not greedy, but it would pay well enough that we could live comfortably and could afford to splurge every so often. Also, it would be lucrative enough that we could afford to start up our own business. It would probably do something computer-techie-geeky-related since Sean's smart like that.

-What is your favorite book?

People always put something that flaunts there intelligence here. I'm tempted to fib and do the same. :) Actually, I'd have to say To Kill a Mockingbird. It's one of the few books in high school that I was actually glad I was forced to read. I love Scout! Other than that...do US Weekly and People count? Hehe.

-If you HAD to choose one celebrity to marry, who would it be?

So, so easy....Matthew McConaughey. Need I explain? Ok, first the Southern Charm / Gentleman vibe, the body (the only good thing about Sahara), the sexy eyes and sly smile. His confidence..such a turn on. Can I really only pick one? Damn!

7 Comments:

Blogger Zube Girl said...

Can I go?

1. What is your favorite swear word, and why?

2. Do you hit the snooze button in the morning, and if so, how many times?

3. What color do you absolutely despise?

9/14/2005 10:56 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Ooo...GOOD ANSWERS! Thanks!!!

And I didn't know you'd been married before!

I was engaged two other times but neither of them were take-home marriages, I think I just wanted the rings.

9/15/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Zube- Yeah, more questions. :) Thanks!

PC- Yep. Although, we were some broke ass mofo's so we just had a ceremony in a chapel in Reno. So I reserve the right to make a big deal out of #2. :) Hehe.

9/15/2005 8:20 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow Lis, that brought back some memories huh...i remember the rough time you and J went through, but i think things ended for the best. you wouldn't have "seanie burger butt" otherwise :) ...i don't really have any questions for you...mostly cause i'm sleep deprived and can't think of any right now, haha.. but i DO love ya *muah*

9/15/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Hey, I just thought of something. Next year, you will be Mrs. Lisa Burger Butt. ;) I like it!

You have done so well! Great guy, great house, great job (even though the people can sometimes suck)... and don't forget the wonderful and adorable pets!

9/15/2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger AnoniMs. said...

SAPPY Garden! I remember when we first met...I thought you were SO wonderful...but that Sappy Garden sucked! :=)
1) Dream job??? (I THINK I may know the answer to this...but as we discuss work a lot, I thought I would ask)
2) How many kids and when?
3) If you could ONLY buy shoes or purses, what would you buy???

9/15/2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Hey! Where are you? We miss you!

9/21/2005 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home