Friday, September 02, 2005

The last 24 hours....all things P-related

So I've had a great start to the Labor Day Weekend. Last night I developed a nasty tummy ache and dizzy spell in the middle of the night. This was followed by a fun orange juice induced puke fest. Yes, I know nice image. ;) So this morning I got in the shower for work, not a good idea because I barely made it through it without passing out. This was followed by a mini nap and when I awoke I was greeted to the sight of puppy puke. (I think Baden is having sympathy sickness cause he loves me that much.) So I clean that up and Baden and I lay down for another nap. He laid in bed with me for a little while, but then wandered back downstairs. I thought it was a bit odd since usually he's my partner in crime when it comes to marathon nap sessions. Well, I realized why as soon as I woke up again and came downstairs. I was greeted by the foulest aroma I've ever smelled. We had another accident. This time on the throw rug in the living in the form of two big piles of poop. Yeah, cause that's really what a girl whose feeling nauseous wants to have to clean up. Luckily I made it through the clean up process without losing any of my stomach's contents again. However, despite cleaning it with massive amounts of Pet Enzyme cleaner, Resolve Carpet Cleaner, and soap I still can't totally get rid of the odor. I have ten candles burning in here and nothing. It still smells like sh*t. I have the back door open and that's not helping much either. Sean is going to take the carpet cleaner to it when he gets home, but that's not for several hours. So I may just quarantine myself to the upstairs where it doesn't smell like a stinky farm. Hope ya'll are having a better start to the long weekend.

If you have any suggestions on how to remove the stinky stench, let me know. Ok...it's nap time. I've had more fun than any sick girl can handle.

Updated to Add: I almost locked myself out of the fu*ckin house. The UPS guy dropped off my package a good distance from the front door. I tried to just close the door enough that Baden wouldn't be able to pry it free with his nose, but not so much that it shut. Well, the damn door shut! Thank God, I had the back door open to air out the downstairs. I was able to get into the backyard and come in through the back door. Wow, I could have been sitting outside, shoeless, no make-up on, no bra on for the next six hours until Sean got home. Now that would have really sucked!! This tells me that today is a day for laying in bed and pulling the covers up over your head and blocking out the outside world. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger PaintingChef said...

Sweetie! I'm so sorry! My solution has always been to sprinkle some baking soda on wherever the stink is and vaccum it up. But you have to make sure the stinky area is DRY because otherwise you'll get this weird paste that will harden and be ugly and all crustified.

FEEL BETTER!!!

9/02/2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

PC- Ahh, thanks. Oh crap, I didn't even think about pasty, crustified crap. Damn it. Why didn't I read your comment first? D'oh. I just sprinkled a heavy heaping of Carpet Pet Fresh on there. Not sure if the area was totally dry, I don't think it was. Grrr! Oh well, too late now at least I can breathe a bit again w/o gagging.

9/02/2005 10:23 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

uk! Sorry you're feeling sick. Feel better soon so you can get out there and enjoy your weekend.

9/02/2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

sorry your day isnt going so well -just remember that you have the next 3 off!

Sarah told me she saw you at GMU - small world!

We always use this pet odor/cleaner stuff that we buy a PetCO and it works wonders.

9/02/2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

K- Thanks, I'm trying. There's more wedding sites we have to check out this weekend. Oh, and I have a crapload of homework to do. You're so lucky you're taking the semester off.

E- Yeah for long weekends!! What are you guys doing? Yeah, apparently I have a Geography class with her beau. So he's stuck with the Geog Nazi as a professor too. :) She was so sweet and offered to help you help me with wedding stuff. Isn't that nice? :)

9/02/2005 2:38 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Ahhhh my little sis is sick. I am so sorry. If I lived there I would come over and take care of you and Baden. Did you two share something that made you both sick? Seems a little strange that you are both ill at the same time. Take care of yourself. I love you!!!!!!!!

9/02/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

sorry you're feeling like big fat poopy *hugs*... salt city candles are the most potent candles i've ever come across...maybe i should send you one :)

9/02/2005 8:13 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Mia- I know you would. :) I don't think we shared any food that could have made us sick. Ang wasn't feeling well either. Maybe we're all just having sympathy pains for one another. Hehe! I have no idea what caused it.

Bethers- So did you set the world record yet for most days in labor? Haha! So how is John pampering you before little Miss Zoe makes her grand entrance? Hmm, yeah send me about five of those candles and then maybe it won't smell like a poop farm in here. :)

9/02/2005 8:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

she just doesn't want to come out lis, haha...i plan on walking a lot today and putting my stairs to good use though. worst case she'll be born on tuesday :)...what kind of scents do you like for your candles? warm,fruity or perfumy? www.saltcitycandles.com is their website. my two personal favorites are cedarwood vanilla and plum spice :)

9/03/2005 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home