Monday, August 29, 2005

We Have No Site...But There Is A Cake!!

So we checked out a wedding site on Saturday. It was pretty location, but too cowboyish for our taste for a wedding. :) So that was nixed! The Great Site Search of 2005 continues. And talk of a destination wedding is still on the table. Although, since we now have a gorgeous, yummy cake that we spent three hours designing, I'm getting me a damn cake even if we elope! Ha! We love the cake lady and her work is fabulous and she was the cheapest out of everyone. Yippee! I'm not giving any cake details out yet...I'm still debating if I'll leave it to be a surprise or just let you have all the yummy details.

In other news...remember that post where I made up like five poems about how much I loathed my job. Well, let's just say after today I could probably write about fifteen more. Yes, it was THAT bad! I'm hesitant to go in to details here. Let's just say that since I lacked the balls to speak up when an inappropriate comment was made during a meeting because I was so damn shocked and knew any words that came out would have been venomous. So I spent the last half hour typing up an email, ok so maybe it was more like a book to my boss. No word back yet. So we'll see if I'm still employed tomorrow. If not, at least I can stay home with my furry kids. Hehe.

7 Comments:

Blogger AnoniMs. said...

You can come and sit on the couch and watch tv with me!!!! I will NOT say that you would be better off without that damn job!!! That would be RUDE of me! :=)

8/29/2005 8:45 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Oooh, can we watch lots of reruns of Dawson's Creek? :) I would be so much better off. No doubts about that. I'm officially 40% vested and that has actually spurned my desire to get to 100% especially since I'm so close. I'm going part-time Oct 1, so hopefully that will greatly help. Miss A was all fired up when I told her about what happened. It's strange how I can be so assertive in some circumstances and then other cases I wimp out. Damn office decorum, I don't know why I feel the need to follow it when other's don't.

8/30/2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Lis- sorry about work :( ... hope everything works out for the best on that front, whatever that ends up being :) .. yea about cake! you know you won't keep quiet that long *LOL* jk

8/30/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Whoa, what happened? Hang in there! Part time in Oct, that sounds like it might be worth hanging around for!

8/30/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Sorry those sh*theads made you mad. People in offices can be so rude. I hear horror stories all the time. If I lived there I would kick their butts for you. :-)

I think you should tell us about the cake. The great part is I am sure she can send it anywhere you decide to get married. I was going to search today for destination weddings. How far are you willing to go for one?

8/30/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger wordnerd said...

Sorry work sucked. I can relate. The thing is that I also do that thing where I become so 'shocked' by people's actions that I often don't reply when people are mean/direspectful/innapropriate. Then I regret it.

Funny thing is that in social situations I usually blurt out all kinds of things...usuallly too fast even. Balance...I have none!

Yay about the cake! You'll find the site...when you see it...you'll just know and then it'll be a bit weight off your shoulders.

8/31/2005 7:13 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Bethers- Guess what? I still haven't spilled about the cake! Haha woman! I may just wait and do it while you're in labor just to spite you. Hehehe. :) Ya know I luv ya.

K- I'll tell ya when we chat on the phone next. Let's just say his statement began with, "Well to be completely blunt Lisa...". That's never a good beginning. All I got in response to my email was a two line email back with an apology. No explanation or admittance that the comment was out of line. *sigh* Work is evil. When are we staring a pet sitting company?

Mia- Do they really ship wedding cakes that far? I don't think they could. Wouldn't it melt? Hate to see what the delivery fee is for that. ;o) So when are you going to win the lotto so we can quit our jobs and spend our time having sister spa days?

Wordnerd- That's exactly what happened to me! I'm never at a loss for words in a social setting, but right at that moment in the meeting- complete mental blank. But really, who expects to have to be witty and full of snark in a business meeting? That's my defense and I'm sticking to it. :)

8/31/2005 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home