Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Too Lazy & Busy So You Pick the Destination...

So I wrote a post last night and of course it was as witty and fabulous as one would expect from me. Ha! F***in Blogger ate it! Too tired/busy to rewrite at the moment, but I promise I will update every one about our vacation.

In the mean time ya'll could do me a favor. So this wedding planning stuff is CRAZY and hectic and stressful and not a lot of fun at times. We've decided to open up our options to include looking at a destination wedding. (Note to Bridesmaids: Don't freak out, if we did this then we probably wouldn't have a wedding party. I'm not expecting everyone to empty their wallets/savings accounts just to attend. However, if any of you wanted to that would make me very happy...giddy happy!)

Anyways, I digress. So does anyone know anything about this? Is it really that much cheaper than a "traditional" wedding? What's the ettiquette as far as who you invite? Do you invite your entire guest list, but of course let them know somehow you're aware that they will probably not be able to come. Are certain times of year cheaper or less crowded or not filled with any possible natural disasters? And finally any location thoughts. I think our first pick would be someplace tropical with gorgeous beaches and fun nightlight, but also activities to enjoy that aren't "touristy". I always like to see/experience places or restaurants the natives enjoy.

Ready...start...Feedback Please!!! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

I am thinking the exact same thing. Seems that it is a LOT cheaper and definitely more my style. I will try to find the websites I looked at and email them to you. (I looked at rings yesterday and found THE ONE!!!)

I went to two destination weddings last year. First was Marco Island, FL, absolute paradise! Beaches are the prettiest I have ever seen. Second was Napa Valley, CA, movie-quality wedding... they had fireworks right after they cut the cake.

I'm thinking about doing it for a few reasons: 1. I want a small wedding and a remote location definitely narrows down the guest list, 2. I want to enjoy my wedding and relax in a tropical paradise, 3. I want my guests to enjoy my wedding in a tropical paradise ;)

Right now, I'm thinking gulf coast, florida, close to orlando... cause I want to go to disneyworld before or afterwards!!! :)

8/24/2005 8:28 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I think if you want a destination wedding, then destination wedding you should have. :) if the people that can't come really love you, they'll understand that it's your wedding and they'll be happy for you regardless. If they pitch a fit and lay guilt trips, then eh f*ck em, who needs em, selfish b*stards *LOL*. Sorry this is my 37th week, i'm starting to get a little b*tchier than normal :D. do what makes you and sean happy hon :)

8/24/2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I think it is a great idea. I know Vegas is not for you but when we got married there everyone paid their own way. It was amazing we thought it would be us and a few people. We ended up with 32 people attending.
Destination weddings can be 80% cheaper and a lot less stressful. You know I will be there no matter what you decide. Unless you decide that you only want it to be you two alone. Which I would support 100% and be as happy for you. Steve's brother is getting married in cancun or somewhere like that. He has told everyone that they aren't invited that it is only going to be them two. I think it is sweet and the best choice for them.

What made you start thinking about that?????

8/25/2005 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home