Sunday, August 07, 2005

How I Amuse Myself on Long Car Rides

So Sean and I went and looked at two more wedding sites yesterday. Alwyngton was nixed. Long story! Anyways, we looked at the picturesque and stunning Black Horse Inn. Loved, loved, loved it! However, our budget does not. So we're not sure where this will lead. We haven't ruled it out yet, but it would definitely require some reworking of the budget in order to make it happen. Do people really need to eat and drink at the reception? Ha! Even if we don't get hitched there, we'll definitely go back for a long weekend and use the B&B part. All the rooms were gorgeous- filled with antiques, beds you have to get a running start to jump into and lush dark wood furniture.

We also looked at the Faquier Springs Country Club. It was nice and much more wallet friendly. However, it didn't make our hearts go pitter patter like the other did. And they didn't have horses for us to pet. They did have golf carts though to race around on, not that either of us know how to drive them.

I took the camera with me and took several pictures at each site, which I'll probably post. However, I have already posted several pics of the bling-bling ring that I took as we were driving home. Hey, it was a lengthy car ride and I had to amuse myself by doing something. I actually got some pretty pics of the VA country side. If there's any interest in seeing them, I'll post them. Ok, back to house cleaning (who I am kidding...I'm taking a nap)!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

My eyes! I have been blinded by the bling!

Hey, are you done with school yet?

8/08/2005 10:06 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Yes, I just finished last Monday. Thank God!! :) I got an A- in Cult Anthro and an A in my Gov't Sex Crimes class. Oh, and nightmares too..lucky me, huh? You've been MIA...what have you been up to Miss K? How was your vacation? We leave on Friday for our's. Yippee!!

Isn't it so sparkly and pretty. I still stare at it while I'm driving and just think "WOW". :)

8/08/2005 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought both places were beautiful. The first one was kinda up there in price. I am so amazed at how beautiful all the places are that you can get married at. Virginia is a state made for postcards.

8/08/2005 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way the last comment was from Mia. I couldn't get it to post under anything but anonymous. :-(

8/08/2005 10:34 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Congratulations on all the A's!!! Good work! :)

I'll share my pictures with you. I was going to tell you to wait until I post them on my blog... but since I have your email address, I suppose you don't have to! And that way you'll get the un-edited version ;)

8/08/2005 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok am i the only one laughing at the last post? *LOL* ok, yeah i probably am, ha ha...both places look nice, i'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose. the bling is so sparkly :) congrats on your classes! *hugs*

Beth

8/08/2005 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home