Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Countdown to Vacation...Florida Here We Come!

So we leave this Friday for a ten day vacation in Florida. We'll get to see Sean's parents, grandparents and my sister, aunt, uncle and cousin are flying in from California and will be there for part of our trip. I can't wait...no work, fun in the sun, delicious home-made cooking courtesy of Sean's lovely mom.

The past few days have been a flurry of chaos as we've been gearing up for the trip. Sunday was filled with cleaning and the always interesting activity of giving Baden Pup a haircut. Ok, so admittedly Sean does most of the work. However, I get the lovely tasks of trimming Baden's butt hair and ever so carefully cutting the hair around his "thing". Sean can't even bear to watch the second part. Men, they're so delicate. Ha! Now, last night I was a maniac. I dusted our entire bedroom to include (eeeeew) the nasty blinds and ceiling fan. And I survived despite to tell about it despite the many clouds of dustballs that threatened to suffocate me. I vacummed the entire upstairs and cleaned two bathrooms. I know, I ROCK! You don't have to tell me. And no, I don't want to come over and do your house. I'd much rather sleep for the next three days as that is more housework than I've done in the last three months. Blech! Housework evil, but it is nice to have a clean house. It won't last long, so I'm going to enjoy it while it does. Friday should be interesting, we'll be driving the thirteen or so hours to FL because we're taking the dog with us. Tigger Kitty will be staying behind but will be in the capable hands of a pet sitter who I'm meeting with tonight.

So there was one bright spot in my day yesterday. I received a much awaited package from Susannah. She is going to use her genius creativity to create gorgeous, unique invitations for us. Her samples were fabulous! When I opened the mailbox and saw the package I literally let out a shreik of glee and started jumping up and down. Sean thought it quite funny. I tore into the package as soon as we got inside and surrounded myself with the pretty fonts and cards. I had to call her to tell her what kick ass chick she is and had the pleasure of talking to her for a bit. You know it's easy to be funny and witty when you're writing and have time to carefully craft your words. But this lady really is as funny, charming and likeable as her blog would lead you to believe. That's the great thing about blogging, aside from the fact that it allows you to get on your soapbox and saves Sean from being the sole repository for my ranting...you get to meet wonderful people that you otherwise would never know. The only complaint I have is...why doesn't this woman live here so she can provide me with daily doses of entertainment!

13 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

What the heck are you on to turn you into such a clean-a-holic? The blinds AND the ceiling fans??? I need some desperately!

I want to see the invites too! They sound lovely and I'm dying to see them. If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a WONDERFUL vacation!

8/10/2005 10:37 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

And here I thought I was going to be able to convince you to move to Augusta...

Drive safe dear.

8/10/2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

K- Well the motivation started because the pet sitter was coming over and our downstairs, esp the living room was nasty. Just crap all over. So we finally cleaned that up on Sunday. By then I started thinking...hmm, it'd be nice if the upstairs matched the downstairs. Plus, I was tired of sleeping in dog hair.

I'll definitely show ya the invites once her and I have a few samples down. First we have to pick a spot. Any updates with you and G?

PC- Hmm, Southern boys with cute accents...you may be able to persuade me. Ha! But wait- isn't it even more humid there? Blech, I'm already having enough hair issues.

8/10/2005 5:25 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Cute accents my ass, they all sound as redneck as I do. As for the humidity...um, can it actually BE over 100% because I'm pretty sure it was today.

8/10/2005 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you're so funny...i have to shave lambchops butt hairs too,so i can sympathize with you on that one...you obviously love your pets more than we do too, because when we leave, we just leave the cats at home with clean litter,water and food in their dispensers...although neighbors come in and feed the fish for us, cause we can't come back to floating bloated bodies in a tank full of water now can we?... as for Augusta,GA (I'm assumming :P) yeah it's a wee bit humid down there, ha ha...you'd be lisa frizz head for the rest of your life :). and you'd have to learn to like sweet tea ...blech :P ..now before anyone rips my head off..i grew up on sweet tea, i just grew out of that taste :)
Beth

8/10/2005 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, looks like lis is gonna have to start screening her comments because of moron spammer bots *grrrr*

Beth

8/10/2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

PC- You so don't sound redneck. I loved your accent. I need to get one too! Haha. Although, all my family in California already think I have one from living in VA too long. So I straightened my hair yesterday. I was in the house all day except when I left to grab dinner from Boston Market. Yeah, just from the walks to/from the car...my hair got poofy. How can frizz possibly happen that quickly?

Bethers- Who are these evil spammers and where did they come from? And how the hell do I send them back there? Don't make me kick some spamming a$$. ;-)

8/11/2005 8:30 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I had to shut off anonymous commenting on my blog because of all the spammers. I got tired of deleting all of them. No good updates on me and G. I am determined to give him a couple more months... but it's sooo hard to keep waiting!

8/11/2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

By the way... I keep getting errors when trying to respond to your email from my aol account. Weird!

8/11/2005 9:27 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

there, now there's one less anonymous poster you have to worry about :)... spam bots are annoying..they should all die, die, die i say! :P
Beth

8/11/2005 10:22 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

K- Trying emailing me at my yahoo account. It's just my last name @ yahoo.com. Be patient, it has to be coming. I mean he did ask your dad. :) It is so hard to wait though. The not knowing was killing me. Hey, how do you delete comments?

Bethers- Thanks lady. Guess I will have to turn of the anon comments option. Death to all spammers! Grrr!

8/11/2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

cool, I'll forward it there. There should be a little trash can icon at the bottom of each comment (underneath the date/time stamp). Click it, on the next screen select "remove forever" and delete.

8/11/2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger wordnerd said...

Congratulations!

8/16/2005 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home