Friday, July 01, 2005

Ring - a - Bling- Bling

Ok, I know...I know I'm such a bad blogger lately. Trust me I'd much rather be spending time with ya'll, but work and school keep interfering with my social calendar. Damn them! :) So without further ado and before Kjersten calls to yell at me for taking so long...here's the scoop!

Last Saturday while at lunch at the LR Pizzeria, Sean started asking me about eternity bands. He was concerned that with my small hands a ring with diamonds all around it might be too overpowering. I, of course, quickly reassured him that this wouldn't be an issue. Ha! It would look just lovely on my little fingers. ;o) I told him the best way to test this was to actually go and look at rings. Suprise, suprise-he agreed and suggested we go look at rings! *insert look of disbelief on my face here* Of course as soon as we entered the store, I headed straight to the Tacori rings because they're my favorite and stunning! I know, I have such good taste. Ha! I tried on quite a few and we picked out about 3 sets that we really liked. I was shocked though that there wasn't anything that I completely fell in love. So the lady helping us suggested we check out the Scott Kay rings. Well, the first one I tried on I absolutely ADORED. I knew it was the one as soon as I slipped it on. I have to say it looked fabulous on me too. Hehe! It's just perfect. It's platinum with a round center stone and two smaller round diamonds on each side. There's etching on the outer/inner edges of the ring that's absolutely beatiful and diamond chips about halfway down the sides. The band is GORGEOUS too!

Disclaimer: Of course being the wonderful, kind-hearted soul I am...I did tell Sean that if it's just too much to spend that I'll be happy and completely love any ring he gives me. But WOW...this ring is too stunning for words. I've been watching the video of it every day. *lol* Yes, I'm psycho and know this! :)

So no- I'm not engaged. He didn't ask...yet. I've been hinting that August would be a good time as we'll be in Florida visiting his family and my sis, aunt, uncle, and little cousin will be flying in from California as well. So most of the people we love the most will all be in the same place and meeting for the first time. I'm so excited! Sean's a really private person though. Yes, the complete opposite of me, so I don't know if he'd do the public asking thing. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN OR IF IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. I'm the least patient person in the world and it's killing me. :) He's been teasing me and saying I've been glowing every day since we went looking at rings. I get giddy whenever I think about it. We're having a romantic date night tomorror. We were supposed to go to our favorite fancy schmancy seafood restaurant, but he changed plans last minute. So now we're going on a dinner cruise (the same one we went on for our 1 year anniversary). This could be a good time to ask too, but I almost think it's too obvious so he won't, but then I think well maybe he will since I'm thrown off by the obviousness of it. And it would be sweet given it's how we celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We'll be on the water, watching the sights of DC pass by, eating a delicious five course meal, dancing and dressed in our formal wear. All leading to an extremely romantic environment and very well suited to a proposal. But I don't think he could get the ring that soon. In the midst of my drooling over the ring I think I remember the lady saying something about it taking 4-6 weeks to arrive. :-(

I know, I'm completely over-thinking this and need to just relax and go with the flow, but the ring shopping just created this slippery slope that I can't stop sliding down at warp speed. I'm obsessed now especially since before our shopping excursion, it wasn't at the forefront of my mind. Now the anticipation is just killing me cause it was a huge thing for Sean to go looking at rings. Hopefully the lady showing us a 13k diamond didn't freak him out too much! NO, I'm not at all expecting a 13k diamond. That's definitely not in the cards which is totally fine. That's a frickin car almost. So it would just be obscene to spend that much. Anyways, I digress. Basically I'm just like a kid counting down the days to Christmas when they can rip off the wrapping paper and open presents. Except I'm counting down the seconds.....tick tock!

(Click on the title of this post to see the ring. There's 3 views and if you click on Match this ring it will bring up the matching wedding band. Yes, I have the website memorized. Bite me!)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, that's certainly exciting. can't wait to hear how your vaykay goes, ha ha. it's easier on the guys when we let them know what they like. the ring is gorgeous btw :)
Beth

7/01/2005 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what WE like, i mean..bah...sorry i just spent five hours getting my blood drawn..stupid glucose testing..
Beth

7/01/2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Isn't it though. I so thought that I wanted a princess cut diamond, but this one was just perfect the way it was. Sean was saying how he would have never picked it for me, but he really liked it to.

Everything ok with Baby B? How's mommy doing. Sorry to hear about the frequent toilet time. *lol* Oh, and we didn't see the President's speech. We thought it was at 9 p.m., not 8 so we missed it. Ooops! It was actually going to be a test for us to see if we could watch and discuss it w/o WWIII erupting. hehe

7/01/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

You are the most adorable person I know. I am soooooo in your corner for this to happen. I adore Sean and think he is really great for you. We are hard women to deal with sometimes so we need good strong men. And I believe that is what Sean is. You better call me if he pops the question. I am squirming in my seat just thinking about it. And of course tearing up again. Nothing gets to me more than you having something wonderful happen in your life. I love you so much, Mia :-)

7/01/2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Ahhh, that's so sweet. Now you're making me all teary-eyed. Stop that! :) Thanks and of course you'll be the first one I call! Then we'll have to call his parent's, both of our grandparents, his sis, Tram, Usha, Ang, Elise, Kjersten, Librado (my bestest guy friend), and on and on and on. Yes, we are tough women to take. But nothing worth having comes easy, so that just means we're all the more special! Hehe!

7/01/2005 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lis,

nothing too serious yet. failed my first glucose test, blood sugar was 'a little high'. so i went in for round two today. i'm more worried about the protein they found in my urine. might be a repeat of toxemia like i had with kaylin. i trust my dr. though and i know they'll take care of me :)

Beth

7/01/2005 5:11 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

B- That's not good. Keep me posted! Oooh toxemia, that doesn't sound like fun. Does it at least mean that John John has to pamper you like the princess you are? Haha! :)

7/01/2005 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

john? pamper? those words don't go together in the same sentence...i'd probably think him ill if he did, ha ha
beth

7/01/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

The ring you described sounds exactly like the one that I want. Send a pic so I can see. Maybe we'll get engaged at the same time too! I suspect that Greg will ask when we're in MT with his family during the first week of Aug. Of course, I'm trying to not get too excited... If I start expecting it, then it doesn't happen, I will be none too happy!

7/02/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

uh, nevermind, you don't need to send me a link... I jumped the gun and commented before I finished the post.

7/02/2005 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah just do what i did...get knocked up and say 'well we were gonna get married anyway right?' *LOL* just KIDDING...i wouldn't recommend that...luckily for me it worked out...i now have two of my own minions and a spawn within...nah...nvm, go with the bling :)
Beth

7/02/2005 10:44 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

K- I"M ENGAGED!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Can you tell I'm a bit excited? ;o)

7/03/2005 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home