Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Post with Lots of Links!

So yesterday began bright and early as we had to be at Alywyngton Manor at 8am. It's about a 50 minute drive from out house and we were only about ten minutes late. That's pretty good for me considering how early in the morning it was. We loved Alwyngton! It was beautiful. It's tucked away in a neighborhood sort of area. You drive down this long circular driveway to the Manor, so it's set back fairly far from outside roads. The house itself is exquisite- beautifully decorated, painted and furnished. The Bride's/Horseshoe Garden was absolute gorgeous. You have a great view of it from the lovely room that the Bride and Bridemaids get ready in. Every window that you look out of has a gorgeous view of lush greenery, tall trees, and lovely flowers. The ceremony takes place in the front of the Rose Garden. The buffet and bar are set up inside the Manor House. Dancing and eating takes place out on the Veranda. It's just a lovely, beautiful, elegant site. I can't imagine us loving a place more! So I think we've picked our wedding site. One detail down, only 1,236 left to go. ;o)

So we know where we want to have it, now we're just trying to decide what day. We picked the month, it will be September of next year. But we're not sure if we want to do a Saturday evening (5pm-11pm) or Sunday (any six hour block we want). If we choose Sunday, we'd probably pick a 1-7 or 2-8 time block as starting earlier in the day would give us more daylight time which I've been told means better pictures. Any advice or thoughts ya'll?

In non-wedding news (yes, I promise there will still be lot of that), Sean had dental surgery done yesterday. They removed skin from the roof of his mouth (Ouch!) and graphed it to part of his gumline (Eeew!). Needless to say, he's not feeling the greatest and I spent yesterday afternoon scouring the grocery store for "soft" foods. It gave me an excuse to buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts, blueberry muffins, and Chewy Chips-a-Hoy cookies. Hey, it's all in an effort to help speed up Sean's recovery. Ha!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

I like 2-8, plenty of sunshine, and runs into dinner-time quite nicely.

I had to have the same gum surgery several years ago. It was horrible and painful. Wish Sean a get-better-soon from me... I unfortunately know what he's going through.

7/30/2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Yeah, I think a Sunday would be kind of nice too. I'm just not sure if that'll mess up guests coming from out of state.

Eeew, you had to go through the same procedure. That sucks! I feel bad that he's hurting and I can't do anything to fix it.

So what are you and Greg doing this weekend? I still need to do some shopping for some summer clothes that fit before we go to Florida.

7/30/2005 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with kjersten on the 2-8..not sure about the sunday for the same reason you are...might make travel for out of state guests a bit hectic...that and i don't know how many of the "unwanted" guests i'd be able to ditch in temple square that day *snickers* j/k ... love the site you've chosen..even john said "i wanna get married there"..don't know who he's marrying, but apparently it's gonna be done in style *L* ... hope sean gets to feeling better..doesn't sound like something i'd want to go through..but then i'll be going through something unpleasant in about five weeks, so he only gets so much of my sympathy :P j/k
Beth

7/30/2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

I agree with the previous posts.
If you decide to go with sunday 2-8 is perfect, but a Sunday night wedding is tough not only for out of towners but you might get people leaving early cause of the drive back and work the next day.
On a good note tho.. you'd probably save alot of money on the bar since people are less likely to get tipsy when they have to work the next day!!!!

Thanks to both of you for the use of the truck!!! I hope sean feels better :) He missed out on 2 meals today though - I made breakfast AND dinner for my yard workers :)

7/30/2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Sunday is good but I agree I think most people will leave early due to work and everything. It seems to that most weddings on a Sunday are calmer because everyone dreads Mondays and that is what you think about on Sundays. Saturday everyone is in a more festive mood because they still have another day off. But either way is just as good. I won't be flying home the day after your wedding so I am good. It all depends on what you want. Sundays are a lot cheaper though. And for me that would be a huge factor.

8/01/2005 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home