Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Just In Case You Didn't Realize How Insane I Really Am...Here's Proof!

So what have I been reminded of today? Well, this: Raging Pre-menstrual Hormones + School Finals' Stress + Wedding Planning Chaos + Lack of Time + Job Hating + Skipping Zoloft doses = Mean, Evil, Angry, Sad, Sobbing, Frustrated Lisa!

Ya'll I don't know what is wrong with me. Other than to say- the wacky hormones combined with bad cramps to kick my ass and then some! So I have two finals quickly approaching- one tomorrow and the other on Monday. What does this tell you? Well, that I should be studying instead of here typing to you fine folks, but alas I am a Master Procrastinator. Thursday evening Sean and I have an appointment here. Followed by a Friday morning tour at this gorgeous place. Saturday, we're (ok, actually Sean is) helping out friends with some gardening/yard stuff. Sunday we're picking up Sean's sister and her bf from the airport. Monday is my last final. It's like every day there's something going on. Did I mention I also have yet another dental appointment on Thursday afternoon. So from work, I have to rush to that and then hope like hell that traffic isn't bad so I can make it to the Bristow Manor in time for our appointment.

I'm not sure what put me over the edge today. It could have been a number of things. First, the cramps. Oh my Lord! They're horrible, stabbing and painful and make me just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Or someone could just be nice and put me out of my misery. Any takers? ;o) Drugs aren't helping! I'm going to move on the Percoset and give that a shot.

Then there was the issue of the many phone calls I placed to Sean this afternoon trying to get in touch with him to see if he would be able to make the Thurs evening appt to Bristow. The lady was waiting for an answer and I didn't want to lose the good appt time, but he was nowhere to be found. By the time he called me, I was cranky from the repressive DC heat wave and massive traffic jam I had been subjected to for the past hour. So of course I just let loose on him about if he wants to be involved in the wedding planning like he claims to, well then damn it he needs to make himself available when I have questions or need to see if he's available for something. Although this conversation was over the phone, I'm sure he had the deer in the headlights look he usually gets when he knows I'm about to go on a rampage that is of no fault of his own, but yet he will be subjected to. He asked me what was "really" wrong. Proof that he knows me all to well. I, in my irrational state of mind, did not want to give him the satisfaction of being right. So I acted like the only thing wrong with me was that he was making an already overwhelming situation of trying to plan a wedding all the more difficult for me.

What I was neglecting to tell him then was that I was in need of a good dose of Zoloft and had just received some disturbing news about my grandpa. My grandma decides to tell me (in her usual way of just dropping a bomb on you ever so casually that you almost would think she wasn't the one who set the fuse) that my grandpa is having some health issues. He battled with prostate cancer in the past and we've been fearing a return of it. Well, his PSA levels have almost tripled after slowly ever-so-slightly increasing for the last year. For those not familiar with cancer and PSA levels, let's just say that's not a good thing. As PSA levels go up, so does the likelihood of the recurrence/presence of cancer. And of course after she tells me this she informs me that I shouldn't tell anyone else in the family. What?? How do I not talk to my sis or my aunt about this? I'm three thousand miles away and those ladies are my only two reliable sources of info as to what is "really" going on. I love my grandmother with all my heart, but you seriously have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. I also asked my grams if she and my grandpa were planning to attend our wedding. Of course she was noncommittal at best. This isn't a surprise for anyone who knows my family, but I really wish she'd just say no instead of keeping up pretenses. Because in the end we'll probably end up paying for two extra heads who had no intention of attending the whole time. Grrr! This of course, serves to be a stark contrast to Sean's family who will all happily and supportively be in attendance despite the distance they have to travel. Why? Well, because they're normal like that.

Ok, so yes I am a crazy person, but I blame it on the genes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyways, yes I apologized to Sean. But not until after he made me feel like a horrible mean evil wench by doing this. His first post on my blog and I swear he did it just to get an apology and to make me see the error of my ways. Hehe! Oh, but before you get all "poor" Sean on me. Let me tell ya the little comment he made while we were walking the dog shortly after his sweet comment. He said, "Lis, your hormones don't make the world go round". Pfffft! Little does he know. They may not make the whole world spin, but they do control the planet he will be orbiting around for the rest of his life. Hahahaha!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lis, what you're feeling is EXACTLY what you're suppose to be feeling. Think about it: human (woman to be exact) + life overload - super powers = stress. You're handling everything extremely well b/c you're actually getting things done...meltdowns are allowed. Besides, it's part of our charm, right?

I miss you girl...I wish you lived next door to me! I love you. Hang in there and be nice to Sean.

-Tram

7/26/2005 10:45 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

A Trammie comment? That just made my week! Meltdown, huh? Sure, I'll go with calling it that instead of massive panic attack or nervous breakdown. :) Well, I'd love to live next door to you, but how would Stu and Sean handle to loud, crazy, drama queens? Haha! Although, if you lived nearby I'd be so damn estatic that I probably wouldn't be moody for a whole month and that's a looooong time in LisaLand. ;o) Miss ya too girlie!

Everyone should have a Tram!

7/27/2005 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, meltdowns are normal. I have them all the time. Some rational, some not, but all valid.

Actually, I think if we lived close to each other, it would help out the boys. You see, we would cancel each other out: "Hey Lis, have you seen the Wizard of Oz? Which witch is the nice one, the east or the west...I can never remember. Well hun, you're a bit like the other one at the moment. You should apologize to Sean. Now, let's go shopping." And vice versa. :-)

-Tram

7/27/2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Check- living closer to each other helps boys, but hurts wallets! ;o) So when are you moving here because I so can't picture you back in Sac. I think you'd go stir crazy! I know I would. I don't want to have to drive two hours just to find something entertaining to do.

7/27/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

I ASSURE you that he will learn to have more respect for the hormones and that he will discover that actually the DO make the world go round. At least the one he needs to be concerned with anyway.

So sorry its been a tough time. I can't help you with the DC wedding venue ideas but I can give you some reassurance as far as wedding planning in general goes. Just remember that its supposed to be fun. Its going to be stressful and things won't go perfectly. But try and enjoy it anyway and the point of the whole thing is that you are married at the end of the day. As long as that happens, it was a smashing success!

7/27/2005 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lis,

about all i can offer you is cramp advice, ha ha. get a heating pad and put it on your box, pop some pain meds, tylenol/percoset/whatever, put on some relaxation music and light an aromatherapy candle..then repeat the mantra "if this doesn't work,please please PLEASE send someone to put me out of my misery" :)
Beth

7/27/2005 6:44 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

PC- Ok, so do they do get smarter with marriage then? Thank goodness! Haha. Actually, I don't think my honey has that little sensor that says- Oops, so about to put my foot in my mouth. Or perhaps he just chooses not to listen to it! I'm sure the wedding planning will be a lot of fun. I think initially though it's jsut overwhelming how many little details there are to take care of. So does your artistic flair extend to wedding invitations/decor too? Haha!

Bethers- I have all of that except the damn heating pad which I somehow lost. Grrr! I'm tatoo'ing that mantra on my forehead if these cramps don't stop soon! :)

7/27/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Believe it or not, I DO do wedding invitations and programs...As for smarter with age, it could be age, it could be that there are some fights you only have once, I don't really know. We are still learning and making it up as we go along. You can email me about the invitations. It's paintingchef[at]yahoo[dot]com

7/28/2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger Bad Penguin said...

hey, I looked at that Alwyington Manor place! I really liked it, but found another place I liked better that was 5 minutes from my house.

Good luck with everything. The heat and wedding planning and family stuff and school are a lot to take on all at once.

7/28/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

BP- We just went and looked at Bristow Manor and weren't all that impressed. It was ok, but not what we're looking for. Do you mind tell me the name of the other place? We're pretty psyched about seeing Alwyington tomorrow. I just found out a coworker of mine was married there and she had really good things to say about it. It would be so nice if this was "The" place and we didn't have to look any further. We'll see! :)

7/28/2005 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home