Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Dandy of a Proposal!

Ok so without further ado, here's the scoop on how Sean popped the question.

6:15 p.m.: Arrive at the dock and board the Nina's Dandy, get our pic taken with the huge "Dandy" life preserver before being greeted by our maitre'd who led us to our table.
6:30 - 7:15 p.m.: Stuffed our faces with lots of yummy goodies and we haven't even gotten to the entree yet and the to-die-for dessert. See menu here.
7:30 p.m.: Sean asked me to accompany him to the top deck for some fresh air and to check out the sights along the Potomac. He led me to the back left corner of the boat and for the first several minutes we were the only ones on the deck.

Proposal starts.....From his suit jacket pocket Sean pulls out a single red rose and says, "This represents our past and all we've been through together". With it he also pulled out the tie he was wearing on our first date. (The story behind it being that I always tease him about it since the bottom tip of the tie has chickens on it. Yes, you read that right- chickens! That's how I knew he wasn't a player. No self-respecting ladies man would ever dare wear that.)

He then withdrew Rose #2 and said, "This symbolizes the present and today" and with it had a picture of each of the kids, Baden Pup and Tigger Kitty, so they could be there for our special moment. (Yes, we're complete nerds, that's why we're so great together. Ha!)

He then began to read from a poem he had written and kneeled down as he pulled out Rose #3. (Insert lots of Tears from Lisa right here!). The third and final rose represented our future. The last line of the poem asked if I'd be his wife. :-) Yeah, I know he did good. I was so excited when he popped the question that my arms were flailing and I leaned down to hug him. He was trying to calm me down so I'd realize that he had stuffed the engagement ring in to Rose #3. (Now Lisa really goes nuts and the floodgates open wide.) Thank God the ring didn't go flinging out of the rose in to the river because you know both of us would have been diving head first into that murky water in our finest clothes just to rescue it! Cause oh-my-lord it's such a thing of beauty!! I looooooooooooove it!

I'm so glad that right afterwards as we were hugging and kissing this sweet couple offered to take a picture so we could forever have the moment captured. That was so incredibly wonderful of them and every time I look at the picture I'm so grateful that we have it. I love Sean's huge cheesy grin in it and my glazed over eyes. We're quite the duo!

There's lots of more details from the night to share, especially about the two crazy, loud, snooping couples sitting on either side of us. But that'll have to come later. I have a paper due tomorrow and am not even finished with the first page. *sigh* I'm such the bad blogger lately. Sorry ya'll, but life is just chaos at the moment. So bear with me and feel free to offer your services to help decrease my workload!;o)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

So beautiful! I almost teared up just reading it. You are very lucky to have him, what a sweetheart!

7/08/2005 5:26 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I know...he rocks! :o) What are you doing up so early on your last day of freedom?? I demand you go back to bed and sleep till noon! Hehe!

7/08/2005 5:58 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I did tear up again.:-) It is all just so sweet. Loved the place we checked out yesterday. Make sure you email me with all the wedding sites because that is my favorite part. I sure wish I was there so I could help you with all the plans.

7/08/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

He did a really good job. Such a wonderful couple. Im so glad you guys found one another.

7/08/2005 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw that's so sweet *hugs*
Beth

7/08/2005 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home