Sunday, June 19, 2005

Whose says naps have to end with Kindergarten?

So we had a fairly uneventful weekend. (Right now you're think...oh yeah, so glad I started reading this post then.) It was filled with food (Baskin Robbins ice cream, Pizzeria place, Red Lobster, etc.) and long two hour naps. I love nap time! Mr.Jazzy Fat Cat went home last night. Ang and Roger picked him up and told us all about their Colorado trip. I so want to move there! Ang and I had a few glasses of wine which of course made us even chattier than usual. :) So they were here for quite some time. Baden was so excited to have new people to smell, play with and give kisses to. He's such the needy boy. But he's my needy pup. We went to the Puppy Park on Saturday (see pics below). He had a blast as usual and I saw a husky that I wanted to steal. Hehe! Sean built a cute little entry walkway in the backyard. He's so handy that Burger-Butt of mine. I will have to post a pic so he doesn't feel slighted.

Sean was up bright and early this morning working in the backyard again while Baden and I laid in bed snuggling and snoozing. Thank goodness I have someone to lounge around and be lazy with! I swear Sean is like the energizer bunny sometimes. Hey buddy, if you want to work non-stop please by all means feel free. And while you're at it spend some of that energy doing indoor cleaning will ya? But don't look at me at 7:30 on a Sunday morning and ask what my plans for the day are. Uh-uh! At that hour my brain is not even functioning. All I can manage is a grunt and a dirty look. Morning people- they suck! :)

So I somehow managed to procrastinate all weekend and didn't do any homework until about eight o'clock this evening. I only got through one chapter and then Tram called. What did I do? Well, of course I talked to her! :) And scolded her for lurking and never commenting on here. Like right now as she's reading this- she's thinking "Damn I got called out". Busted! Haha! Speak woman! (Or I'm sorry- are you going by Little Person now). Hehehe! I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. Anyways, start sharing your bright yet incredibly cynical witty self with the other two people who read my blog. *lol*

Anyways, just to warn you...tomorrow I'll probably post a rant about my hair which is driving me insane and will soon have secured me a spot in the Guiness Book of Records for the most consecutive bad hair days. Seriously, at this point should I just shave my head or go super short? I'm so done with it! Oh, and I'll have to tell you about all things frumpy! Also I reached 1,000 on my little visitor counter thingy. Wooot! Sean thinks all 1,000 hits are from me. I know, he's so obnoxious sometimes. :) Again, I just keep him around cause he's got a nice booty and he does cook for me sometimes. He also kills bugs, picks up dog poop and mows the lawn- all of which I hate doing.

Ok, I'm going to attempt to read at least one more chapter in my Cultural Anthroplogy book so I don't feel like a complete slacker! Hope you all had a good weekend. What'd you do?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

naps rock! as of late i've had to take one everyday, just to keep from falling asleep in my dinner each evening. as for your hair, i think something about chin length would look cute. something you can still pull your hair out of your face, but not be swamped by all of it. sadly, with thick hair about all we can do is cut it and let it grow back out, ha ha.

Beth

6/20/2005 10:45 AM  
Blogger Spurious Plum said...

All weekends should involve lots of food. That's the point, no?

Always nice to have someone to pick up the poo...

6/20/2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

I had a wonderful weekend of sleeping too!!!

Although this sunday was one big nap for me. Saturday was Faith's bridal shower and bachelorette party... My first nap was after everyone cleared out of my house when the bridal shower ended, in preparation for the wild and crazy bachelorette party. I can tell i'm getting old when I need a nap to leave the house at 9! HA!

Well it only took 2 long island ice teas and two shots to keep me in bed ALL day on Sunday. Charlie was up at 730am .. his usual chipper morning self ... while i was lieing in bed moaning and making trips to the bathroom to get rid of all the alcohol. Needless to say I never made it out of my PJS on Sunday.

I guess.. sad to say... i can't hold my alcohol like i used to.

6/21/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Bethers- Naps are the best and Mr.Baden-Boo is the perfect snuggly companion for them. Ok, I guess Sean is pretty good at it too. Hehe! Well, I chopped my hair, not exactly chin length, well at least not when it’s straightened. When it’s left to do its own crazy curl thing who knows?

Spurious Plum- But of course, food is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I found a new crave-worthy item, coconut shrimp from Red Lobster. Oh my goodness, so darn good and they’re huge!! I didn’t really care for the Pina Colada dipping sauce, but tartar sauce worked quite well. Oooh, and their cheesy biscuits. Yum! That about says it!

Bailey’s Mom- You had a drunken vomit day and didn’t invite me over? Sheesh, I never get to see you hungover! Come on you got to see me carried-out-of-Shark-Club-forgot-my-credit-card-puked-in-cat-litter drunk. It’s only fair! Hehe! At least it’ll cost ya less to get drunk when you go out now. Me, I have one drink and I’m feeling pretty darn good. I know, sad but true. Was Charlie sympathetic at all?

6/21/2005 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home