Friday, June 10, 2005

Turning My Insanity Into Something Productive! :)

This job sucks
It’s turning my brain to muck
I’d rather have to endure getting my bikini line plucked.

I hate my job
The people I work with are shadier than the mob
My daily commute makes me want to sob
I’m getting a blow up doll so I can ride in the HOV Lanes, his name will be Bob.

Oh, if only I could support myself as a pet sitter
I would adopt a whole litter
With all the extra time I’d have to exercise I’d be fitter
Thus I’d have plenty of motivation to be less bitter.

I want to work part-time
So my sanity will require a lesser amount of tequila and lime
Perhaps I should look into becoming a mime
But don’t be cheap- throw something larger at me than a dime

My opinion matters not
This has led to a massive brain rot
The tears are flowing a lot
Soon I may succumb to my desire to smoke pot

This is making me insane
Someone put me out of my misery and run me over with a train
Input ignored as if it’s washed down a drain
Indignant thoughts fill my brain
The words I QUIT want to topple out but I restrain

8 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Mia said...

That was good. I am so sorry that you are so sad at work. :-( When I worked at Paychex I hated being alive. I felt I was being severly punished for a past life. I really hate for you to be going through the same thing. It isn't fair at all. I will pray that something better comes along for you. You so deserve to be happy because you are such a wonderful person. Hang in there I know something better is headed your way. I love you!

6/10/2005 4:53 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

This was my entertainment and work and it also kept me from stabbing co-workers with all the plastic forks I've horded from the deli downstairs. :)

I'll figure out something and hopefully it'll happen sooner or later. This area is just so competitive, it's hard. Hopefully, they'll let me cut down to part-time and then maybe I'll be able to tolerate the hell that is my job long enough to be fully vested. We'll see- right now outlook not so good! Haha! Thanks for all the well wishes and sweet comments. I love ya too and your support means the world to me!

6/10/2005 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sits and stares at what she just read*...for once...words fail me..it's like a car wreck that i just can't look away from *LOL* j/k

Beth

6/11/2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger Kevin Ballie said...

Sorry to hear that you're having a bad time at work :(

6/11/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Miss Bethers at a loss for words? Say it ain't so. ;o) Hey, at least my discontentment is being used in a productive manner. The car wreck analogy hits the nail right on the head. :)

Kevin- Thanks for visiting my website. Yeah, work sucks right now, but at least it provides good blog material! :)

6/11/2005 10:19 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

I'm impressed...and also, a little sad for you because you hate your job so much. I'm right there with you...

6/13/2005 8:34 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

PC- Ahh thanks, that's ok if I didn't have something to be neurotic and whiny about I just wouldn't be content. Hehe! :) I beginning to wonder if anyone really likes their job? Well, aside from my workaholic other half. :)

6/13/2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

Wow.. if the job as a pet sitter doesn't pan out you can be a poet :)

6/13/2005 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home