Sunday, June 26, 2005

Thank You Miss Ang!

One of the hardest things about being far away from California is missing my family (well certain members...haha) and best friends.

There's one person out here who has been like family to me for the past 4 years and that's Miss Ang. Amazingly enough, we survived living and working closely together for over 3 years without killing each other. Now that's not to say there weren't tense moments or times when we wanted to knock some sense into the other, but through it all our friendship persevered. So I thought I'd make a list of all the reasons she's so near and dear to my heart. This could go on for quite a while, so I'll try to narrow it down.

1) I moved in with her at a very difficult point in my life and she was my rock and helped me through it. She listened, comforted and prayed for me when I needed it most.
2) She introduced me to the first church I ever felt at home at and the Methodist religion. (She also made my baptism that much more special by having a party for me afterwards with my close friends.)
3) She introduced me to therapy and meds (again) and I'm such a nicer, more stable and healthy person for it. (Sean thanks you...hehe.)
4) She understands how crazy my family (excluding my wonderful sis and loving aunt and adorable cousin) can make me and always has great advice or just sympathizes.
5) When I'm being unreasonable she'll call me on it, but in a sweet/funny way. It doesn't make me feel judged.
6) She's so much fun to go shopping with and always gives me an honest opinion. She also helps me to not buy everything in sight, just the stuff that looks best on me.
7) I love hanging out with her! We can talk about anything and everything and just never run out of conversation.
8) She called me Thursday night to make sure that I made it home safe from my dental appointment and to see how I was feeling. How damn sweet is that! She knew my blood sugar was bothering me and was worried.
9) She never complained about having to take care of me during middle-of-the-night low-blood-sugar episodes. She'd sit with me as I was curled up on the bathroom floor and bring me orange juice or food. She'd wait with me until I felt better and calmed me. I felt safe knowing she was there. (And when I passed out in a mall on the escalator, she made sure I didn't crack my head open- what a gal!) haha!
10) The girl can cook! She makes the BEST veggie pizza. She made some this weekend and called to let me know she had saved me some. She was even going to drop it off at my house. How frickin cool is that! She rocks! We ended up picking it up yesterday and by lunch today it was gone. I ate every last piece of it. I don't think Sean even got one bite. :o) It was delicious! Send more please Ang!

I could go on, but I do have to get some studying done this weekend. So I'll just leave it at....I love ya Ang! I'm truly blessed that God brought a friend like you into my life. Thanks for everything you do- you're an awesome person and a great aunt to Baden and Tigger! We love you!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ang said...

Wow, what can I say. I have never felt so touched. I thought you forgot about me after you moved in with a boy! hehehe.
I am totally speachless, which is definitely a HARD thing for me to be!
I wouldn't though expect anything less from one of my girlfriends. I have said that I have the BEST women friends - they are modern, smart, caring, beautiful women...to name a few. You definitely fit that mold. I am truly blessed that God put you all in my life to make it better :)
I don't think anyone has ever written such nice things, that makes sleeping better tonight.
thanks. Maybe I will make more veggie pizza just for that :)
talk tomorrow.

6/26/2005 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw that's great that you have found a true and special friend in Ang. Everyone deserves a friend like that, even you Lis *LOL*

Beth

6/27/2005 10:25 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Ang- Aww, shucks...you're welcome. ;o) Oooh, more veggie pizza! Woooohoooo!

Bethers- :P :P :P hehehe.

6/27/2005 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are too much!! You gushed over Ang, then she gushed over you, and then you gushed right back like the perfect friend you are. Am I the only one feeling like the friendship bar has been raised? WELL, I bet Ang wouldn't give you one kidney and half of the other one if you needed it, would she??? But Lis, I hope you know who would.

That's right! You are now the beneficiary of BOTH of my kidneys when I die...since I'll go first being older and all.

That's how much I love you! MWAH

-Tram

6/28/2005 12:52 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Every girl needs one of those...

6/28/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Tram- Ang has raised the stakes. She says that I could get her kidney while she's still alive. Haha! I mean come on...I only get your's if you're six feet under? Eeew, no one wants a stale kidney. hehe! :)

Ahh, you know I could gush forever about you too. I could write a frickin book about how many times over the last 10+ years you've saved my sanity. I luv ya too!

Ok, enough sappy stuff! If any males did read this they've certainly been scared off now with all this girl bonding business. ;o)

PC- Ain't that the truth! :)

6/28/2005 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home