Thursday, June 23, 2005

Suckfest 2005

No witty comments today folks....can not muster due to Percoset-induced foggy cloud over my brain. :) So instead I'll give you a run down of my day:

6 a.m.- Wake Up...Bah!! Too early...grrr!
7 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.- Creep at a 5 mph pace the entire 18 miles to work. Suckity suck!
9:40 a.m. - Dermatology Appt (first one ever). F**kers kept me waiting for an hour and a half and then the doc visited with me for a whopping 10 minutes. HMOs are evil and suck the big one!
11:20 a.m.- Arrive back at work....barely have time to pee. Scarf down overcooked-hard-to-chew Healthy Choice tv dinner. (Mouth watering, huh?)
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.- Meeting with programmers building ad-hoc report/query generator application thingy for us.
1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.- Sit in conference room and twiddle thumbs waiting for person who called meeting to show up. Finally after 45 minutes we all realized we mattered not and slithered back to dungeon desk area.
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.- MIA person appears and meeting begins but conference room now gone, so we cram around teeny tiny desk for discussion.
4:15 p.m.- Sadly and hearing doom music playing in my head I timidly walk up to my endodontist's office. I then had forty minutes to wait and think about the impending torture I was about to endure.
5:45 p.m.- PAIN!! Gums ache from metal long objects that poke being jammed in them, tooth throbs, and now have to pay big bucks for this insanity. Want Meds...Don't want to feel anything but must drive long way home in traffic.
7:00 p.m.- Arrive home and immediately take Heaven Pill aka Percoset. This stuff is proof that God exists and loves us very much. Ha! Greedily gobble up Boston Market sweet potatoes with cornbread mixed-in. Mmmm...Yummy! Want more!!!
8:00 p.m.- Get all 15 (ok, there was only 3) of my prescriptions filled.
9:00 p.m.- Bitch, moan, whine, complain and stuff my face with drugs while watching Discovery channel story about transexuals. (Actually quite interesting. And very hard to look away from.)
10:00 p.m.- Try to set aside pain med coma long enough to write somewhat coherent post because that's how much I love ya all and the world would just not be the same if I were to miss a day of blogging. There'd be rioting in the streets and the masses would rise up and chaos would ensue.
....Where was I before lost train of thought in fantasy land???

Let's see if Suckfest '05 brings out any Lurkers. I'm not calling anyone out this time because I'm just that nice and it hurts to think that hard right now.

Ok...off now to have vivid, wacky, psychadelic Percoset dreams!
Now

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lortab is my habit forming painkiller of choice....i never use it when i get it though, always save it for those migraines that just won't go away :D ... glad to hear you had a superfantastic day Lis *lmao* j/k
Beth
p.s. did you learn anything interesting about tranny's? :)

6/23/2005 10:45 PM  
Blogger Snickrsnack Katie said...

Percoset is absolutely fantastic, isn't it? I am partial to Darvocet, but any of those drugs with the -cet or -set suffix are awesome. Vicodin gives me scary dreams. Really vivid, crazed dreams about rabid animals and crazy ex-boyfriends. Percoset is more of a psychadelic, chilled out sort of dream.

6/24/2005 12:14 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

B- I still had Percoset left over from this past December when I got a root canal done, so I've been using that up, but of course I had to fill the new prescrip of it. Hehe! Never know when that'll come in handy esp for those evil nasty migraines.

As far as Trannys go I learned that men can have in excess of 1,270 hair follicles just in their beard alone which means lots and lots of electrolysis sessions. $$$ It's costly being a tranny. Oh, and you can take forearm skin to make a penis. Who knew?? Mystery solved! *lol*

Katie- I love me some Percoset. haha! I don't think I've ever had Darvocet. I'm so disappointed though that I don't have any twisted or wacky dreams to report. Maybe that just means I need to take a nap sometime today and try again. :-) Any excuse for a nap!

6/24/2005 6:56 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

Yeah, percocet will give you one vile hangover. Lortob or Lorset is my chemical cocktail of choice as well. Wash that puppy back with a shot of tequila and I'm A-OK.

I do have a prescription for vicodin for migraines though. Just for fun.

6/24/2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger Bailey's Mom said...

Sorry to hear you had such a rough day :( But its FRRRRIIIIDDDAAYYYY!

I wish i could handle all those cool meds that everyone's talking about. I am too much of a wimp so one percoset and I'm out COLD!
Oh well.. i guess I will never know the sweet drug induced coma of prescription drugs.

6/24/2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I watched the same show last night. It was about the sex changes. The one blonde chick that was going out with the red headed guy was actually quite pretty. But I still think her voice gives it away. When she was a guy she was good looking I thought. Those poor people the grief they must go through. I couldn't imagine wanting to be a guy. I don't find scratching myself and farting fascinating.

6/24/2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Are ya feelin better yet? Lindsey found the most wonderful fondue recipe ever... lots of soft food and very delicious. If you feel up to it one of these days, you should come over. Tomorrow, monday, tuesday, whenever.

6/25/2005 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home