Thursday, June 16, 2005

Scavenger Seanie

Background Info: So last night for dinner we had hot dogs. Sean ate three each with a big bun. He also had chips, macaroni and potato salad. Oh, and a doughnut for dessert. This was all around 6 o’clock. Well, I’m heading out for class a half hour later and go into the kitchen to grab my banana to have as a snack at some point during my 3 hour class. What do I find? The banana is gone! Not possible I think to myself. While at the grocery store earlier that day, I bought a bunch of bananas that were still green and one banana that was ripe with the intention of having it for that night. I wander back into the living room and find the empty yellow, ripe banana peel on the end table. Sean looks up sheepishly.

Me: Please tell me that you didn’t once again eat the snack I was planning to take with me to school?
Sean: Oh, shi**, I did. So that’s why it was set aside?
Me: Uh, yeah! How is it that you have some strange psychic ability to know what I’m going to eat and get to it before me? (Note this happens all the time!!!)
Sean: I’m sorry….I was hungry. The banana was calling out to me.
Me: Hungry?? Hungry?? *look of disbelief* Well, right now my foot is calling out to me to give ya a good kick in the a$$.

Anytime I buy something good, he always eats it first. Let’s break this down, shall we.
Box of Cereal: Sean= 2 bowls each sitting for a total of 6 bowls, Lisa= 1 bowl, if I’m lucky
Granola Bars (package of 8): Sean= 6, Lisa= 2
Chips’A’Hoy Cookie Package: Sean= 28 cookies, Lisa= 4
Orange Juice: Sean = 15 glasses, Lisa= 3
Yogurt Cups: Sean= 7, Lisa= 3
Bottled Water 24 bottle case: Sean= 19, Lisa= 5

Are you getting the picture? And half the time he complains about the cost when we’re grocery shopping and I buy pick out this stuff. Yet, he has no problem eating it all. Are all men garbage disposals? Do I have to start arm wrestling him for snacks? Do I have to hide them or start breaking them into a his or hers pile to stake my claim? Although, I already know this would only lead to more whining and stealing on his part!

Oh, and now he’s using my shaving cream as well since he ran out of his “manly-smelling” stuff. So yes, my honey is walking around at the office smelling like a tropical flower. Go buy your own darn it! He also uses my facial scrub. If he starts going after my expensive shampoo/conditioner or eye wrinkle cream, we’re so going to brawl! ;o)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*rotfl* i'm not really laughing AT you, i'm laughing WITH you, ha ha ha. I think we all go through it hon. i found that sam's was the best place on earth to buy most all of that crap in bulk. i also learned that when I have a goodie...i hide it if i want any of it. or i eat it in a way that nobody else would possibly want it. nobody else in my house will eat a frozen snickers bar, so guess what? that's right, i freeze mine *LOL*..as for the shaving cream...i stopped buying seperate shaving cream for me and john. i now buy two bottles of the baby oil skintimate for both me and john the john john man. it's a guy thing hon and it's only gonna get worse when you have kids, ha ha ha.

Beth

6/16/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

*lol* You're such the sneaky one. I'm telling you I'm going to have figure out a place to keep a secret stash from him. And tonight, he grabbed the last cold soda. Sheesh! Ok, in his defense he did offer to give it to me, but he knows I'll say that he can have it. ;o)

Hehe...John-John uses skintimate...I could make so many jokes about his manhood, but I'll resist. *lol* Do his Utah boys know about that? Hehehe!

6/16/2005 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i doubt it ...i also found that if you tell them that if they're that concerned about how much these things cost, then maybe they can go to the store and buy some stuff instead. 9 times out of 10 you'll still get to buy the stuff, because they won't go with you to get it *wink* ... other tactic is to buy two of everything and when they comment on it say, well you seemed to like it a lot and i wanted to make sure there was enough to go around..sweetie *lol*... good luck :)

Beth

6/16/2005 8:11 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

I can totally relate although I guess I'm the man in my case eating everything and always the last of something! (Oh and I use my husband's shaving cream, I stopped buying the girl stuff 5 years ago!)

PS: thanks for stopping by!

6/16/2005 8:41 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Hey Mama C-ta...Welcome! Maybe I need to do a little reverse psychology and start using his stuff. Let's see how he likes that. You're a smart one! ;o)

6/17/2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

I sometimes use Patrick's shampoo as body wash if I run out...he LOVES that one. But he won't go near any of my stuff "Too girly...I don't want to smell like a girl."

But I totally understand. It's like with leftovers, I now have to specify which leftovers are his to take to work for lunch and which ones are going to be reappearing as dinner in another day or two.

6/17/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

PC- Haha! I've done the shampoo as body wash thing too. The only thing Sean dislikes more than that is when I stick my hair to the wall of the tub. I don't know if I'm the only one this happens to, but my hair comes out in clumps when I wash it. It's so damn thick, that I'm not concerned. But Sean is pretty disgusted by the wads of hair stuck to the tub. In my defense, if I let all my hair wash down the drain, it would clog it every few days. So really I'm saving us on plumbing expenses. :) I can so rationalize anything. Hehe!

6/17/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I sooo do the hair on the wall thing. I also have a little shelf in the shower that I put the big hair balls. The 1 or 2 strands I stick to the wall. If I let it go down the drain it starts to plug up every few days and I have to pull it out of the drain. By then it has funk and gunk all over it. Yuck!

6/17/2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Eeew....hairball + drain gunk = Nasty!!

:)

6/17/2005 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um..i put my hairballs in the trash, ha ha..i have the same problem but usually right after i've had my hair thinned out (which has to be done every four weeks because i have enough hair on my head for two people)..i just draw dirty pictures on the shower walls with the bath crayons for john's amusement :)

Beth

6/18/2005 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home