Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pimping Out My Pup....Anyone Interested?

Ok, I'm beginning to feel like the overzealous mom whose constantly trying to force her child on someone. Mr.B aka Baden Pup is such the social little guy that I really want to find some dogs in the neighborhood for him to play with. Since we walk him almost daily, we tend to see the same dogs/owners over and over. We often stop for the dogs to sniff and the humans to chat. Well, every time we befriend a new pair and Mr.B appears to take to the dog, I want to set up a play date for him. I've extended numerous offers to people and they always seem really interested. I mean it would be mutually beneficial- the dogs would have a great time and wear each other out so us human owners could get a night off from wrestling-with-the-pup duty. The people always seem really receptive and say, "Oh yeah, that's a great idea, we'd love to do that".
Well, I'm beginning to think they're just trying to humor the crazy lady who thinks her dog needs just as much socialization as any human child or the insane chick who takes her dog down the slide. Miss Morgan's owner has cancelled or rescheduled many times- so I've got the hint there. (Cut me some slack, I'm not completely dense.) We just ran into a couple tonight that we see every so often and who also take their boxer/dalmation mix dog to the puppy park. And in the course of the conversation I again find myself saying, "Hey, feel free to bring your dog over to play with Baden anytime. He'd love it!" They too seemed interested, but you know what...you can't fool me anymore. Nope, I'm not buying it! Until someone shows up at our door with their dog energized and ready to play, I've resigned myself to the fact that Baden will just have to deal with Sean and I for playmates. Oh, and of course Tigger Kitty who he loves to chase after and play bite at.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if we lived closer i'd let him play with our chihuahua hattie..she suffers from small dog syndrome and i know that annoys you. basically she just beats everybody up, ha ha ha. but hey it'd wear her out and she'd leave us all alone :)
Beth

6/17/2005 1:25 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Eeeew, you have one of those dogs! Haha! We talk so much smack about them at the puppy park. ;o) Those little guys are just ferocious and they pick fights and then the minute the big dog stands up for himself the little shi* runs to its owner. And of course the owner acts all indignant as if the big dog did something wrong and then proceeds to allow her little monster to annoy another unsuspecting normal-sized pooch.

See, I can go off on a tangent at the drop of a hat. ;o) On the other hand, our neighbor has a little dog that's nice and talented. This pup does handstands and backflips and other acrobatics. It's even strikes an elegant pose to pee. How frickin cool is that?

6/17/2005 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah see hattie doesn't run from anybody but me..she just keeps at it *LOL*

Beth

6/17/2005 12:32 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I love doggy play dates. That is the great thing about Jay and Jen. They bring their two dogs over to our house when they come and we tkae Cheyanne to their house with us. They have a dog named Sadie and her and Chey are two peas in a pod. They are so much a like it is scary. They play for hours and Chey sleeps so good at night. Actually she is pooped for a couple of nights after they have spent hours together. I really like Chey being around other dogs. People wonder why their dogs don't get along with other dogs. Well if your dog is 3 years old and has never been around another dog that might be your first clue. I don't think they naturally like other animals they come to accept them by being around them. Now I really wished we lived close because we could have play dates all the time.

6/17/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Well, he loves playing with my friend Elise's dogs, unfortunately though we don't get to see them enough. Darn school/work gets in the way of all the fun stuff. I think we're going to take him to the puppy park tomorrow though. Yippee!

6/17/2005 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um my dogs play in the backyard...one of them is blind and deaf (lambchop) and the other one (hattie) picks on her...hattie is dumber'n a box of rocks and loves the kids to death (you'd have to be dumb to let someone pour dirt and water on your head right?)...i don't walk them, i don't play with them...i do occassionally bathe them...oh and i feed them..sometimes *LOL* just KIDDING...i wouldn't even know where to look for a dog park :P

Beth

6/18/2005 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home