Saturday, June 04, 2005

Paint Schmaint!

Ok, so whose bright idea was it to paint the kitchen on my last homework-free weekend? Oh, that's right it was mine! *slapping my forehead* What the heck is wrong with me? :) I'm sitting here stinky, tired and arms aching from trying to cram the paintbrush into tiny unreachable corners. Oh, and I'm hungry too! That will shortly be taken care of as Sean and Baden went to go pick up Boston Market. Yummy, sweet potatoes- my favorite!

So we got the first coat on. It's looking very nice. It's definitely going to need a second coat though. Oh, and we also decided that we're going to need to replace the kitchen light again as it's not bright enough. That's even more apparent now with a darker color on the walls. I'm a bit bummed that my freshly cleaned living room now looks like a disaster zone. We had to pull all the junk out of the kitchen and put it in the living room. I know it's only temporary, but it seems like it's so rare that I actually have our living room tidy, I really wanted it to stay that way for more than two days. Sheesh! And poor Baden- he looks so bored watching us paint. I think he was expecting another Baden's Big Day of Fun per all the adventures he had last weekend. Tomorrow should be better for him though, as we invited a neighbor's dog over for a play date! How cool is that! Baden has a date with a very cute 10 month old German Shepherd and she's so cute! Her name is Miss Morgan. :) Morgan and Baden- I can picture the nuptials now! I know, I have issues! Ha!

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the 13 hour nap we took last night. Hehe! Sean had started taping the kitchen and I was feeling gross (after eating at IHOP...that was Sean's pick), so I convinced him we should take a quick nap. I was out in two seconds and didn't wake again until midnight. I then promptly fell back to sleep and didn't wake up again until 9 a.m. Yep, that has to be the world's longest nap- 13 hours folks! But oh, it was so nice! :) My old achey body wishes it were curled up in bed now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home