Monday, June 06, 2005

Martha Stewart Magazine Come On Over & Check Out My Kitchen!!

Ok, as promised here are the pictures of our new and improved kitchen. I love the finished product! And thank goodness that we were finally able to move all the appliances, etc back in to the kitchen where they belong. It was driving me nuts having everything crammed into our already full living room. Oh, and the curtains are back up. Yeah! It was creeping me out at night to know people could just stare right in. Plus, our nosy neighbors kept watching us paint. Haha!

Our street is full of gossips- it's great! :) I'm telling ya, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. I went over to visit one neighbor yesterday because she got a new puppy (her dog passed away a few weeks ago..I know soo sad). The puppy is a Golden Retriever/Beagle mix so darn cute! Oh my gosh, such a tiny thing but with the huge paws and big floppy ears. She's still not sure if she's going to keep him as she's thinking it may be too soon and she may need more time to grieve for her other dog. I told her if she decides it's not working out to be sure to come and see me before she gave the dog back. (Shh, don't tell Sean! What? I couldn't help myself. I just blurted it out as this cute fluff ball was happily slurping away at my chin. Who wouldn't cave? I never claimed to be a pillar of strength. I'd have a zoo if Sean would let me.)

Oh, and a little tidbit of gossip is that this neighbor lady has been dating a man since last November (a nice gentleman with a very handsome german shepherd pooch). Well, turns out this guy is married. Now, it's not what you think and in fact it may even be a bit creepier... This older gentleman's wife is in a nursing home and it's likely she'll never leave the place. Sean and I were discussing it and came to the conclusion that it's a bit creepy and there's just something wrong about the whole situation. I told Sean, if he puts me in a home and then starts dating I'll send Miss Mia after him. So there! Hehe. I wonder what the "rules" are when it comes to something like this. I don't think I could do it. I think the guilt would kill me. Although, it did sort of remind of the Terry Schiavo situation and in that case, I can understand her husband moving on with his life. That was just a bad scenario all around and I won't discuss it further as it was already over-examined in the press.

Oh, and in other neighbor news- There's this Creepy Lady and her Goth Daughter who are the most unsocialable on the street. They don't talk to anyone and never look you in the eyes. We see Creepy Lady walking her pup and the poor dog always looks so sad- his tail doesn't wag at all usually. Well, out of the blue a few days ago while Sean and I were checking our mail she came up and introduced herself to us. ???? Did Hell freeze over and we didn't get the memo?? She actually looked much less schizo/scary up close when she wasn't scowling. She even seemed, dare I say, somewhat normal. The next day when she saw Sean walking Baden she again said hello. What's up with? Our other neighbors, being the skeptics they are, attribute it to the fact that her daughter will be moving out soon so it's forcing Creepy Lady to venture out in the world. However, she has yet to talk to anyone of them. I know, people can't help but want to befriend us. Hehe!

How did I end up going on so many random tangents when all I was going to do was post some pics of the kitchen? I'm such a chatty gal!

Ok, Baden Pup is trying to nap next to me and the poor guy has a bad case of the hiccups, so I'm going to end this so I give him belly rubs. Have a good Monday all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

Whoa, you talk to your neighbors? Closest I've gotten is getting in a fight with the old woman next door. She was railing me because my flowerbed was two inches over the property line. Maybe I'll try being nice in the new neighborhood...

6/06/2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Just recently the neighbors on our street have started being social. :) Several of them are quite chatty and once they corner you will keep you out there for hours. Sean will find an excuse to end the conversation. I always feel bad or rude if I try to abruptly end it. Apparently years back they used to have block parties. Yep, we got in too late. :o)

But we do have kids who play soccer and repeatedly hit our cars with the ball. Oh, and they also bring their dogs over to pee on the lawn on the side of our house. Nice, eh? I don't think they know any better since they did this right in front of me. Another moment, where my quick wit failed me. Damn the luck!

6/06/2005 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Lis...you're nicer than i am...i yell at kids if they're doing something wrong...doesn't matter if they're mine or not *LOL*

Beth

6/06/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I miss our old court. We were all friends and had group BBQ's it was a blast. Don't get me wrong we still hang out with everyone and have BBQ's but it is different. It is cool when you can join a party and walk in your house when you are tired. Where we live now we don't talk to anyone really. Our neighbors next door are three college boys and they have no interest in us older people. The sadder part is we party harder than they do. They do have a variety of women coming in and out. It seems like they like to date different women. The other neighbors around us aren't overly friendly. We do have a cute elderly man that lives across the street. He comes over to chat sometimes. He is adorable and a really sweet guy.

6/08/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I'm sure Steve enjoys the revolving door of eye candy next door. Did I tell ya our neighbors sold their place last weekend? It's ridiculous what they got, but good for us! :) They got more than you all paid for your house. It's insane! We're not sure of the exact amount yet. We haven't found the right moment to chat with them and bring it up. Hehe! We don't want to make our snooping completely obvious. :)

6/08/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Fortunately for me the eye candy isn't that impressive for either of us. One of the guys is cute but his standards aren't very high.

6/08/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

*lol* Yeah, men aren't known for high standards. Hehe. So isn't your nephew so photogenic? He's laying next to me right snoring away. He's so darn cute, I just want to pinch and smush his little cheeks!

6/08/2005 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home