Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Interview Questions By Way of the Fabulous & Funny Miss Zoot

1. What is the most "not to be discussed" between you and your opposing view boyfriend?
The first topic we have to avoid is probably the reasons why American troops went to and continue to stay in Iraq. He accepts Bush's rationale while I find it to be complete bull. We prioritize issues differently too. His #1 priority is foreign policy. (Hehe..It annoys him that I ask how it is then that he could vote for Bush!)Mine #1 concern is probably social issues.
Abortion (me: pro-choice / him: sort of in the middle...he wouldn't ban it, but is ok with restrictions being placed on it)
Gay Rights (me: support gay marriage / him: not necessarily against it but he also won't be marching to make it happen either)
Drilling in Alaska (me: against it / him: go get us some oil).

Oh, he also got mad at me during one of the Presidential debates when I made fun of Bush's bushy eyebrows and overgrown hair. He thought it signifed just how hard he was working. My thoughts- get yourself to a barber buddy! ;-)

2. If you could only listen to ONE musician/group your entire life, who would it be? What if you could only listen to one ALBUM? Or one SONG?
Musician/Group- Oooh, the pressure. Fleetwood Mac maybe since they have a song for every mood and a timeless sound. I don't know, there's too many! :) Oh, and Journey! I love Open Arms and what's that other song...grr! I'm so showing my nerdy side!
Album- Evanescence: Fallen
One Song- Savage Garden: Truly, Madly, Deeply


3. What is the BEST part about living in California? The worst part?
The thing I loved about where I lived in Northern California was that I was within a few hours driving distance of so many cool, fun, beautiful places. Lake Tahoe, Reno, San Fran and Monterey were all nearby. Monterey is by far my favorite city to visit. I'd love to live there if it weren't so crowded and if there was a job market. The ocean there is so beautiful and the homes are amazing. The air even smells good and the weather is wonderful.

The worst was that there was nothing to do in my city. The frickin capitol of the state and it was so boring. Also, there was a major shortage of good-looking men. Ahh, and the wages were crap and still are!

4. What is ONE food you couldn't live without? ONE beverage? ONE store?
I could not live without warm peach cobbler with french vanilla ice cream on top. My favorite beverage is a Starbuck's Skim Toffeenut Latte. Oh, and banana shakes are the best! Favorite store is Target! Target rocks! My favorite places for clothes are Arden B and Ann Taylor.

5. What is the hardest lesson in life you've had to learn? What about the most important?
I think that would have to be that many times in your life you'll find that love isn't enough to make a situation work or alter a person's attitude, behavior or the way they treat you. The most important lesson was that I could move three thousand miles away from my family and make it on my own. Ok, ok so my therapist deserves some credit for that. Hehe!

Phew, you're a tough interviewer Miss Zoot. But thanks- great questions! Everyone definitely go visit her site. You'll laugh your ass off. One warning, it is addicting though. :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the answers to the interview questions...in particular number one..i don't know how you do it girl...i remember those days, converting the conservative over from the dark side to my dirty liberal side, ha ha ha...now if i could just get him a schooch back over towards the middle from the far left, i'll be alright *LOL*...sounds like he's mostly a moderate republican, i can handle that :)

6/08/2005 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah placenta brain strikes again... both of these demented posts were brought to you in part by the great and powerful bethers muahahahaha

Beth

6/08/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

It's a tough, dirty job but somebody has to do it. Actually, I only keep him around cause he has such a great butt. ;o) Don't worry, slowly but surely I'll lure him away from the evil dark side. Hehe!

Placenta brain, eh? Is that an actual medical term. If not it should be. Haha!

6/08/2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

I can so totally sympathize. My other half is a right-winger too. Lots of people don't understand how we can live with each other but somehow...it just works.

Love your blog, what a creative idea!!

6/09/2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

PC- Thanks and welcome. I'm always so excited when a new person comments or comes out from the shadows. I'm addicted to your site as well. You're hilarious. :) Btw, your vacation was too long, I was going through sarcasm withdrawals.

The only time the politics issue has really been a problem for us was during this past year's presidential election. There were many a nights I wanted to boot his a$$ on to the couch. :) We survived it though. When he really got on my nerves I told his mom she needed to straighten her pig-headed son out. Works like a charm! Haha!

6/09/2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Wow you guys are brave women. I don't like discussing politics. People get so over heated and bone headed that it drives me nuts. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and some people get so closed minded that their way is the only right way. I believe the world is so divided in politics that is why we have elections. Who the heck am I to say that millions of people are wrong in who they vote for because it isn't who I voted for. Enough of that sorry.....:-)

What is the Zoot website?????

6/09/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I have a link to her site on the side of my webpage. Or just click on the title of this post and that should take you to her website. She's great!

I think I'm more open to listening to other people's opinions/thoughts than my honey, but he would probably say otherwise. But he definitely takes it way more personal than I do. Men can be so sensitive sometimes. ;o)

6/09/2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger PaintingChef said...

awww...I'm so sorry about the sarcasm withdrawls. And here I thought I was just a bitch...

tee-hee.

And lemme just tell ya, believe me I DID boot his sorry arse off the couch more than once. And his parents tell me they are all politically correct now because they have a "Yankee Democrat" in their family. PLEASE. I'm from Tennessee, my DAD is from Connecticut.

Sometimes you wonder if in-laws are worth the fun of marriage.

6/10/2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Hey Bitchiness is a quality that's highly underrated. ;o) Wear that badge with honor as I do mine!

*lol* Luckily in this situation Sean is the one who reserves the right to complain about crazy family members. I find it hard to believe anyone would even contemplate marrying into my crazy clan. His parents are a godsend and apologize profusely for their pig-headed, narrow-minded son. Unfortunately they are in Spain now, so I wasn't able to call his mom last night so she could put him in his place when he started being an ass! *lol*

But yes, it is hard being the lone Democrat at times, but I represent with pride! :)

6/10/2005 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home