Sunday, June 05, 2005

And my reprieve comes to an end...*sigh*

So tonight is my last night of freedom. Tomorrow classes resume and I'm so bummed about that. Yes, I get to resume the hectic pace of juggling horrid job filled with shady people (or am I just being paranoid...who the hell knows anymore) mixed with research papers and massive amounts of reading. Unfortunately for me, I am one of those wierd people who does actually attempt, perhaps not always successfully, but I do try to actually keep up with the assigned readings. I also agonize over and spend hours on papers because I'm an obsessive-compulsive freak like that. :)

In other news, we finished painting the kitchen today. Thank God the trim only took one coat because my right arm is killing me from painting all weekend. Sean's arm being used to a strenuous work out is doing just fine by the way. ;o) I'll post pics soon, once we've cleaned it and hidden all the dirty dishes. Hehe! We finally went grocery shopping too. I love having food in the fridge. Ahh, it's so nice. And I didn't spend over $200 this time...go me!

We made pizza for dinner, but I was hungry before that so I decided to have a few bites of some coconut cream pie. How did a few nibbles turn into eating half the pie? Uh, between that and the pizza I am so uncomfortably stuffed. We walked Baden afterwards. Here's some free advice- full stomach, 99% humidity in the air and a dog dragging you for a walk...do not mix well. We even had to cut short on Baden's trips down the slide. Oh, he also missed his play date with Miss Morgan. It's been rescheduled for Tuesday, so hopefully Morgan's human will not mess up the program again. Hehe! Poor Baden was looking so bored while we were painting. I think the walk was a success though, my little punkie-poo is now laying at my feet snoring in the cute way only he can.

I'm also going through Mia withdrawals since my big sis was camping all weekend. Yes, she actually enjoys camping. I don't know what's wrong with her. I guess I got all the prissy genes. :) If there's no electricity for my blowdryer, no warm shower and no room service then it's not my idea of a good time. If God intended for me to be at one with nature he wouldn't have given me this nice, cozy, cute home to obsessively decorate and fix up. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what you're saying is sean is one of those guys in which one arm is noticebly larger than the other? *LOL* JUST KIDDING!!!! sounds like y'all had a FULL weekend... just in time to for the week to begin and that's when the real relaxtion starts *snorts*...again j/k :)

Beth

6/05/2005 10:55 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

When I told Burger-Butt about the comment he just slapped his forehead and got his "why did I have to fall in love with such a big mouth share all my secrets with the world woman" look. Haha! I think he's somewhat traumatized/horrified by the conversations women have amongst themselves. We discuss topics men would not dare. Because we rock that way! :)

Funny thing is, my conscience always gets the best of me and I end up spilling the beans about the dirt I dished about him and then I get in trouble. *lol* I think he's just resigned himself to tolerating my blabber mouth ways. Hehe!

6/06/2005 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he'll get over it Lis... i mean i've told the "john target" story how many times since it happened six years ago?! and we're still married..he'll get over it *lol*

Beth

6/06/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Yeah, lucky for me he's quite patient. :) And has managed to put up with me for 2+ years and I think I just about have him suckered into doing so for many more years to come. Haha!

6/06/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Yep, I love camping. I think the majority of our family feels the same way you do about it. Although Brea likes it so I must not be that much of a freak. I love being in the outdoors. The air is always so fresh and you can see stars for days. Cheyanne did very well for her first time. I think she loved being outside so much. She did sleep in the tent with us at night. We found out she is not a water dog. I took her down to the waters edge and at first I don't think she realized what it was. She jumped in to her belly and seemed fine at first. I think then she realized what it was and jumped out in a hurry. I took her leash and tied it around a rock so she could go into the water or stay on the shore. She then freaked out and started to run wildly to the right and left. I think she forgot she was on a leash since it was 30 feet long and she has never been on a tie out line. She proceeded to give herself whip lash and just as I freaked out because I thought she was going to break her neck she snapped her collar and took off. I was screaming to Steve to catch her but in the back of my mind I thought she was gone. Huskey's are known to be runners and if they get free they are gone. Steve yelled at her to sit and she obeyed what a shocker. He then walked over to her and told her what a good girl she is and held onto her until I brought the leash. I fixed up her collar and tied her up in camp. She was very happy after that and I didn't take her near the water again. After I got her tied up in camp it then hit me that I could have lost my baby girl and I broke down and cried. Thank goodness Jen was there because she is the only one that can relate to how much I love my animals in our group.

6/08/2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Ahh, I'm glad my niece didn't get very far. Baden has gotten away a few times and it's the most horrible feeling. It's as if your heart just stops beating and doesn't resume until they're back safe with you. I can't imagine not having my Baden-Pup. Sorry your trip got cut short. You're not a freak- you're just much less high-maintenance than me. Hehe! Now, stop going away for the weekend. They're super boring when I don't get to chat with you. ;)

6/08/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I know I always miss you to. I wish August would hurry up and get here.

6/08/2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

You and me both! August can't come soon enough as it'll mean summer session is almost over and that our vacation will be near. Also, I should have 4 years at work then and be partially vested. This will give another item on the pro side of leaving.

6/08/2005 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home