Sunday, May 22, 2005

Star Wars, Moving Fun & Home Depot

So Sean and I were actually social this weekend. It's been so long, I'm surprised we remembered how. He is a total homebody and I'm definitely the more outgoing one. However, between going to school and working full-time there wasn't much time left over for fun stuff. So our social calendar remained blank because Sean definitely wasn't going to place anything on it. :) Well, being that this was my first weekend not filled with feverishly writing papers or reading 400 page history texts, we were actually able to spend time with friends.

Friday we decided to just relax. We ordered Chinese take-out and vegged in front of the television. Saturday we went with Kjersten and her boyfriend Greg to Coastal Flats for dinner (awesome food) and then saw Star Wars. (If you're expecting a movie review here, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I've never been a huge Star Wars fan. In fact, I don't even know if I've ever seen any of the prior Star Wars films. So given its massive cult following, I don't feel qualified to review it.) However, with that said I still really enjoyed it and was quite entertained. That Yoda is so darn cute! And for some reason whenever he came on the screen Sean would whisper in my ear, "Ahh, Mr.Baden-boo". Now, don't get the wrong idea. Our adorable pup looks nothing like the short, green, wrinkled Yoda. The only thing they even have in common is they both have white whiskers on their chins. Apparently, this was all the similarity Sean needed. Either that or he was going through severe Baden withdrawal. This is quite possible. As we did feel quite guilty for leaving our "kid" at home. In fact, I felt so bad that I called home and left Baden-boo a message on the answering machine letting him know we were thinking of him. :) Yes, that's right. I leave my dog messages on the answering machine while we're away. I don't want him to think we've forgotten about him!

Today, we helped Elise and Charlie move some of their boxes from their condo to their newly purchased home. All my friends are becoming such adults! When did we all become so grown-up with so many adult responsibilities? Baden had a blast as he got to hang out with their 2 dogs. And now the poor guy is just pooped. He crashed in the car on the way home. :) Such a cutie! Sean and I came home and were going to nap as well, but I couldn't fall asleep. And if I'm not sleeping, that means I start babbling and talking non-stop. Thus, Sean can't fall asleep. He's a pretty good sport about this even though I know it drives him nuts. :) So we ended up going to Home Depot and doing some shopping in the nursery. It's amazing how addicted you become to home improvement shopping once you're an actual "homeowner". By the time we're finished, I think the front yard is going to look quite nice. Look out Martha Stewart! You're no match for me and the my perfectionist honey.

Oh, and how strange is this? So I've discovered that I have a new favorite pasttime. I love watering our plants and the grass. One clarification though- not with a stupid watering can that you have to keep refilling. That's just annoying. I only like it if I'm using a hose with a special nozzle that has all the different water settings to choose from. So fun! Ok, maybe it's just that I'm easily amused. Oh, also because this gives me the opportunity to chase Baden around the yard with the hose and spray him with water. Hehe! Hey, as spoiled as he is... the least he can do is serve as a source for my amusement at times. :)

Side note: Btw, Kjersten we really liked Greg. You two are so darn cute together! I approve. Haha! You passed the Sean test too, he'd wants to hang out more. (There's some couples where after hanging out with them, he's like "Yeah, ok...you so owe me and we're not doing that again." Hehe! You two definitely did not fall in that category.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

WooHoo, We passed! :) I'm glad that we got to hang out with you guys this weekend. You're both lots of fun.

By the way, I thought the Baden voice mail was so sweet!

5/23/2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I am too, we had a lot of fun. I need to get my honey out of the house more often. Most of his guy friends have moved out of the area or the ones who have stayed are still trying to relive their binge drinking frat boy days. He's not into that so much. So I like it when he can make new friends. He was helping Charlie build their fence yesterday and was having a blast. He's such a freak. :) He really enjoys that stuff. He almost gets giddy and then he gets friendly and I'm like eww gross get away smelly sweaty boy. Hehe. So if Greg needs any fence help, just holler. :)We can shop or work on our tans while the boys work. Hehe!

5/23/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

That's interesting because both of Greg's best friends just moved back to the west coast this year. He gets so mad when I suggest finding new best friends, like I had just suggested replacing a dead cat.

We will definitely take you up on the fence offer, even if just for consultation or training purposes. ooooooh, maybe if I get him to build a fence I could get a PUPPY!! :)

5/23/2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Puppies are the best. I love my Mr.Baden-boo and can't imagine life without him. He's the best doggy in the whole world. :) I'm just slightly biased. Hehe.

So I went grocery shopping..yeah two hours and $220 bucks later, I'm finally home. Yes, I don't know how I do it, but I spend so much when I go. I told Sean I'm not allowed to go alone anymore. Perhaps I need his frugal whining asking me if we "really" need it. But don't tell him I fessed up to that. :)

5/23/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

220, huh. Sounds like one of my shopping trips. I've found that I buy less when I'm full, sleepy and work off of a list. Of course, maybe it's the low balance on the checking account that should get all the credit! :)

5/24/2005 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home