Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Kids Need a Stay at Home Mommy...

I so don't want to work anymore. After ten years of schlepping my way up the corporate ladder, I'm ready for a reprieve. Not because I'm lazy or anything, but because I really think that Baden Pup and Tigger Kitty are deserving of a full-time stay at home mommy. Wouldn't you all agree? :)

Oh, and I loathe having to get myself out of bed to fight through miles and miles of traffic filled with several arses who have no clue how to drive just to clock in for a job that I loathe and is killing each individual brain cell one by one.

If I must work, can't I at least find something that is rewarding for both me and the world as a whole? If I have to be a working stiff I'd at least like to think that I'm in some way contributing to the greater good.

Our clients don't even take our project seriously, so how am I supposed to? They repeatedly allow us to take crap from our folks in the field that is completely unwarranted rather than assert their management power. So how is it that I'm supposed to feel compelled to continually help and assist these folks that constantly disrespect and abuse us? Haven't quite figured that one out. Looked on Monster.com- they got nothing as far as jobs go. I'd so rather be at home with my adorable, cute, funny, entertaining and lovey dovey pets than being a contractor schmuck. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

Wanna hear something funny? I bought a "get rich quick through real estate" thing this morning. How pathetic is that? Luckily it was only $40... Anyway, if it works, I'll share. :)

5/26/2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Hehe. You're funny! Sounds good. :) Just told my boss that in the fall I want to cut down to 20 hours/week. We'll see how that goes over....only noon and I've already had several meltdown moments. Oh, and I've confirmed I'm a horrible, awful person. I'll write a blog in a bit explaining. I hate being wrong. I don't do it well. :) I mean how could I when it happens so infrequently. Hehe! :)

5/26/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I had a top ten meltdown this morning... oddly enough it occured because I refused to be wrong. Started taking my Z again today, and feeling better already!

5/26/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one. :) Darn it, I really do hate being wrong. The worst is having to fess up to it, but usually I'm pretty good about that.

I'm hoping I'm coming out of my funk now and I will be having my Z the moment I get home. Maybe they can just give me a Zoloft IV so I can have a continuous supply coming in. Hehe.

5/26/2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Wow you two are so cute. It is almost like you two are the same person. I wish I could stay at home all the time. Actually I would like to have enough money to have my own animal rescue center. Cheyanne and I could walk the grounds together and visit with all the animals. Then I could adopt them out to good homes. That would be the life for me. When I was off of work for three months I went nuts. I hated being home all the time. I think working part time would do the trick. Lucky for me though I love my job. Your job is like when I worked at Paychex. Funny how I thought Loctronics was bad but Paychex made me suicidal. I never hated working for a place as much as I hated working there. We so need to come into some money so we can relax and be happy doing what we love to do.

5/26/2005 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home