Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My Friday Fun....You Choose- Hilarious or Humiliating!

Place: Friday afternoon at the Prescriptives make-up counter at Macy's.

Me: Hi there, I need to buy some replacement concealer.

Drag Queen Behind the Counter (I kid you not!!): What shade are you?

Me: Well, I'm a Level 2 but the last time I was here I bought a new type. I really liked it except it comes with two shades of concealer and I only use one of them. Is it possible to get just that color I use?

Drag Queen: You can get just that one color in our liquid concealer. But honey, that's not going to work for you....cause girrrlfriend well you need full coverage.

Me: *jaw drops wide open*
--------------------------------

Ok, I've just been insulted by a rather large man in full make-up and rather tight ill-fitting clothing. I, who am never at a loss for words, just stood there literally speechless. And yes, I did purchase the concealer from him. And I've already been scolded by many people who can't believe I didn't walk away. I just couldn't decide if I should be appalled or laugh it off. I really don't think he was trying to be malicious. Perhaps he was even trying to be helpful in his own way.

This just proves that you can put the man in make-up and women's clothing, but he can't overcome the biological tendency of the male species to insert their foot deep in their mouth.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

Wha?? I'm guessing he was trying to be helpful... it probably came out mean because he's jealous that he wasn't born with boobs.

6/01/2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

*lol* Yeah, hopefully that's it. I mean I know I have dark circles, but I didn't think they were noticeable even with make-up. Sheesh! But I was wearing the liquid concealer that day so perhaps it's true I need the cream. But sheesh, talk about lack of sugar coating!

Perhaps, my chest was looking particularly good that day and he was just envious cause it's all natural baby. So there! Ha! Ok, probably not the case, but makes me feel better. :)

6/01/2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

He was jealous because you are a hot babe and he isn't. I think a man in drag at a make up counter would make me walk away. He can't understand the issues we have. You have such great skin you will look beautiful no matter what kind you put on your face. I envy how natural your face is. Always has been. My face has so many different tones it drives me nuts.

6/01/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

See this is why big sisters rock!! They'll defend you like no other person will. Miss Mia is the bestest, most beautiful sis in the whole world!

So maybe since I got spared acne troubles as a teen, payback is now coming in the form of big bad mean dark circles. I don't have to worry about foundation, but the concealer is a must nowadays! I feel so naked w/o it.

6/01/2005 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home