Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Jibberish

So I haven't posted in a few days because there hasn't been much to tell. Could the Spring semester have left me brain dead and empty of any amusing witty sentiments? Say it isn't so! >:-(

So our weekend...very old fuddy duddy married couple'ish. :) Friday night was spent watching movies on television and trying to think of what exciting activity we could do the following night. What'd we come up with? Nada! Saturday morning, I was a good girl and got on the elliptical machine and did my free weights. The next exciting item on the agenda was a trip to the puppy park. There's a huge bear of a dog that's at the park quite often. Well, for whatever reason he and Baden took notice of each other this time. They proceeded to have a forty minute dialogue of incessant barking. I have to say, Baden was holding his own even though the other dog could have swallowed him whole quite easily. That's my stud of a puppy son! :) It was so darn funny, you could tell that Baden and Bear-Dog knew what they were saying and each was equally intent on having the last word. Just to add insult to injury, Baden kept snuggling up to Bear-Dog's owner adding more fuel to the fire. Ahh, and then there was the cute pit bull with the pink collar. She was quite the slobber monster! After leaving two rather large strings of doggy drool on Baden's back, she came up to me for some affection. Silly me leaned down to pet her and as I did, she jumped up and gave me a nice long lick right on the chest. Which would have been gross enough in itself being that she was a strange dog. But adding insult to injury, her tongue had a mixture of mud and dirty bark and other miscellaneous foreign objects on it. All of which landed right in the middle of my chest. Yeah, not one of my finer, cool, classy moments!

Sunday I finally put to rest my procrastinating ways and began to study for my Hist final on Monday. I managed to get a fair amount of reviewing done in between napping and later, shaving and bathing Mr.Baden-boo. He turned out so handsome! My puppy should so be a show dog! :)

Monday was the Final from Hell!! Oh my gosh, this darn test was so hard. So, numerous half-page descriptions/identifications, two huge essay questions and 40% of our final grade later....I'm still waiting to get my grade, but I survived the exam. I was soo excited to finally have this insanely chaotic semester over and have some relaxation time. I thought I had at least two weeks off. But NO! Summer session begins this Monday, May 23. Yuck! This is just so inhumane! :) Oh well, one day this will all be over and I'll be a happy, but poor History teacher on the verge of being driven crazy by my impossible students and not enough resources to do my job effectively!

2 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I wish you had more time off. You are working your little tushy off. I am so proud of you. You are my hero. I don't have the drive in me to go forward in school. I have always hated school. If I am going to put my sweat into something it has to be a job that pays me. I have friends who are still paying off school loans who are no better off job wise than I am. In my field luckily I have 8 years of hard experience. I love working for smaller companies and they tend to think my experience is just as good as an education. I know if I lived in Virginia I would have to work somewhere making minimum wage. The standards for companies are a lot higher out there. My sis belongs out there because she has the beauty and brains to make it work. You are the best. Hugs and kisses.

5/18/2005 3:18 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Ahh, I love ya sis! So glad you're in my corner. It's just insane competition out here, but it could always be worse. Jeremy was telling me how in NY all the companies want to see your college transcripts and if they aren't really good you're screwed. Unfortunately for him, I kinda ruined his last semester of school. Big regret...but if a company isn't savvy enough to see what a genius he is, they so don't deserve him. And you Miss Mia, would do just fine out here. You're a survivor like me! :) You could make it anywhere and you'd kick some serious accounting world ass!

5/18/2005 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home