Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Forever Friends....

I miss my friends from California. I've always been the type of person that prefers to spend time with and have a small group of people that I'm close with and can trust w/o hesitation. I think so far that philosophy has held up well for me. Now don't get me wrong I'm not an unsocial person and I love meeting new people, it's just when you have as much baggage as I do, it's hard to share all that with a large number of people. Too much to tell! :) So the people who do know all or a majority of these "skeletons" are near and dear to my heart. I'm so grateful to them. They're my rock and my sanity. They give me hope that the world really is a caring, happy place or can be.

So what brought this topic up?

1) My best friend in the world whom I absolute love and adore and has a bday coming up is in San Diego. It's been so long since we lived in the same city and I miss her crazy little Asian self. We met freshman year of high school and have seen each other through bad hair with the tall brick bangs, psychotic men and big girl phases (translation- times where we packed on some pounds). It doesn't matter how long we go between conversations, we just pick up right where we left off. She's frickin hilarious and just such a genuine, caring person. Now, no one could ever replace her, and I know I'm lucky to have found one friend like that but why does she have to live so far. Move Miss Trammi move!

2) J...you stealth blog reader you. Well, despite barriers that are visible and other's that are hard to see, you still just "get" me. It's nice and rare that you feel like someone truly understand what makes you tick. Seriously, you've saved me so much money in therapy bills. If it weren't for you, I would have probably needed my wonderful doc several times a week. Hehe! So thank you.

3) I've met some great people here in VA and I don't think that the quality of friends out here is less...I just think that with the hectic, fast-paced, traffic-filled lifestyle out here, it's hard to cultivate relationships. You don't have as much time or energy to invest in them. And I know if I moved from here I'd miss my NoVA friends as well.

4) Ok, now there is one "friend" I have here that I'm a bit unsure of. I wasn't until recently. I mean we have great talks and fun when we hang out. But I wonder if the side this person shows me is sincere. I don't want to go into what's making me think that on here. I think what it is, is that I feel like there's selective sharing going on. And maybe there's nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to have faith in a friendship that you feel kind of comes and goes or like if you make one unknowing mistake the person will show a different side of themselves or shutdown on you. This may not be making any sense to the outside world, but it's quite theraputic for me. :) Sorry to bore all of you! I don't know, I really think this person has a great personality, but maybe I'm just not the type of person that can have a "sometimes" friend. Maybe other people are ok with this or maybe it's a normal thing and I'm just wierd. That's definitely always a possibility. Who knows.....? Ok, off to shower!

3 Comments:

Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Oh, and so everyone doesn't think the "friend" I'm referring to is them...the person in question would so never think it was them. :) So no worries!

5/18/2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger AnoniMs. said...

Thank god! I was totally on my way to purchase you a dozen roses and a sappy ass greeting card....

5/18/2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Well, I'll always welcome presents...hehe..but not necessary! :) It's not you...seriously the person it is would be completely clueless as to their wacky ways!

5/19/2005 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home