Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Foo-Foo Frenchy Ladies....Look Out, We're on to You!

Ok, so I got home in time today to watch Oprah, the theme of the episode was anti-aging/beauty secrets. Well, she was talking to Mireille Guiliano, author of French Women Don't Get Fat. Apparently, she's dispelling all the mystery around how the French manage to stay so slim and trim despite their penchance for bread, cheese, wine and desserts. So I figured, hey if it works for them...why not! So I went out and bought the book today. I was so excited because I got the last copy at Border's. It was funny too because the lady that helped me happened to ask if I had seen the book advertised on Oprah. I said, "Yeah, how did you know". She replied, "Anytime books start suddenly flying off the shelf and we run out it's because Oprah talked about it". No wonder Oprah is a media mogul and worth gazillions. Clever lady that one!

So I'll let you all know any good secrets I learn from the book and how it is. Bring on the string bikini bod! Yeah right...never, not happening, no way in hell!!

So I haven't started reading the book yet. I plan to start tonight before bed and after my One Tree Hill fix. Oh my gosh, I'm so frickin addicted to this show. Hehe. I bought the first season dvd box set from Target a few weeks ago. So good! 22 episodes in the first season alone. Who knew?? I know I didn't see all of them. So now that I have a brief hiatus from school I'm going to have to get my Tree Hill fix! :) Fun stuff! I'm such a nerd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

oooo, please do share when you find out! Perhaps they are so thin because bread, cheese, wine and desserts is ALL that they eat. If that is the case, I think I could live with that.

5/18/2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I would love to know their secrets. I figured out that I am destined to be fat. I finally have my own pool and have a beautiful day that I can go swimming. I realized that I love swimming so much and am so excited to do it everyday. Not to mention the fact that Crickets mom lost over 100 lbs from swimming. Well our weather has been crappy ever since. I try to sneak walks in with Cheyanne when it isn't raining. But I know that isn't enough. It is really hard for me to get motivated to walk on my tread mill everyday. Walking outside or swimming doesn't feel like excercise. I want to be slim and beautiful like Lisa.

5/18/2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

You're such a goober...beauty has never been a problem for you! :) You got all the good genes and the frickin gorgeous, thick straight hair. You suck! I spend two hours blowing out mine just to look somewhat as good as your's. I think really it is all about finding a balance. The book for the first few chapters so far is a diet book. I'm a bit bummed about that. I really thought it was more just all about secrets and living the French lifestyle. I think as the book goes on that is the main theme. But she has you do this thing she calls recasting to get your body's biology correct. I think you have to do for 3 weeks. Yeah, like I have the willpower for that. We'll see. I'll let you all know more as I get further along in it. One big perk too is they help you find the sensuality in food. And hey, with all the food I eat- that's a hole lot of sexin'! Hahahaha

5/18/2005 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home