Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Enchanted Garden and Baden Gets a New Backyard!

Ok, it's official we're quite uncool. :) I realized this as I was spending an exciting Saturday night strolling through the nursery section of Home Depot picking out plants and flowers for our front yard. And yet strangely enough I was enjoying myself. I remember taking trips to nurseries with my grandma and being bored out of my mind when I was young. Now I'm doing it of my own free will. So we spent the morning and early afternoon gardening. Our front yard is coming along pretty nicely which is good since it's not a cheap endeavor. And my old bones aren't used to all this digging, bending, and squatting over mounds of dirt. Fun stuff! I can't wait to see what it looks like once Sean has put the brick edging out there. We took another trip to Home Depot today to pick up wood so Sean could close off our backyard fence. I'm quite excited to report that we actually have a normal backyard now! Wooohoo, no more worrying about random people walking into our backyard in the middle of the night or whenever they please. For some reason there was a small portion on the left side of the house that wasn't completed, we still haven't figured out why that is. Who leaves a fence unfinished? Anyways, Baden had a grand ol' time out there running around and exploring the entire backyard. Before we'd hook him up to this 20 foot chain that linked on to his collar. Well, it kept him out of some of the corners of the yard. Now he can officially dig everywhere. Sean is less than thrilled as he has visions of Baden knocking down the edging and digging up the flowers (which he did today).

Oh, and the give mommy a heart attack moment of the day. We came home to find that Baden had decided to munch on an ant bait trap. I, of course, freaked out thinking he was going to be poisoned. So after calling several animal hospitals and the Virginia Poison Control center and being reassured by all that he would be ok, perhaps have a bit of a tummy ache, but he'd make it I was finally calmed. I' m still monitoring him carefully for any sign of sickness, but he seems to be just fine. As I type, he's snoozing on the couch next to me. Poor guy he must be tired from his hard day of basking in the sun all day.

Ok, well time for me to take my achey bones to bed. Have a good night all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

WOW! He did such an amazing job. I'm very impressed. Do you think we could borrow him for a weekend? :)

5/02/2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I'll have to see what his hourly rate is. Haha! I know, I'm so proud of him. I'll have to post some more pics of it. So nice to have a normal backyard and now we can let the dog out without having to go out there ourselves. That will be so nice when it's freezing cold in the dead of winter. Not to mention it sort of creeped me out before when I'd have to go out there in the middle of the night.
Sean and Greg still need to meet. Hopefully before any weddings occur. *lol*

How's the construction going?

5/02/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

We'll have to find something fun to do. Mamma Mia is going to be playing at the Warner... any interest in seeing it?

The house should be done in June. Things are looking pretty good and I can't wait for it to be done so we can finally move in!

5/02/2005 12:33 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/02/2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Oh, so both of you will be moving in? Very nice, you're so going to enjoy that huge bathroom and the pretty tile. I'm jealous! :) Are you going to rent out your place? That's what Sean did with his condo. Although it was tempting to sell because it had more than doubled in value, in the long run this will be better. (So we've been reassured.) Once it's paid off all the money made on rent will be profit. So that'll be nice extra income.

Mama Mia..ok, I know dumb question because I've heard it talked about so often, but what's it about? Would Greg be into that? Sean could probably be persuaded if he were bribed. :)

Ok, so I think I'm going to do the Geog Final Proj. Without it I have like an 88%, but since she pretty much gives everyone an "A" on the paper, I'm pretty guaranteed an "A" in the class if I do it. My last test score was 40/50. Darn it, a few more points and I would have had the A w/o having to do the Final. Damn map on it threw me off. I only missed two on the actual quiz questions. Are you doing it?

5/02/2005 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home