Thursday, May 05, 2005

Do Not View While You're Eating......Or if You Have Weak Tummy

Wow, just re-read my post from last night. That's a reminder to not blog after several glasses of wine. :-)

Ok, so I saw this a couple of weeks ago when my disturbed (but we love her anyways) friend Mel sent it to me. I really don't think it's a hoax, but feel free to look it up on Snopes and let me know. If it were a joke, that would actually make me feel better about the mental state of others. :) I don't foresee Sean, any time in the near future, offering up any limbs or non-vital body parts as a symbol of devotion and love for me. I'd just be happy if he didn't leave his dishes in the living room. Hehe! Anyways, that's perfectly ok, cause if he did offer to do that it would mean he was insane, and let's face it...I'm crazy enough for the both of us! :)

I think what bothered me most about this though was how unclean it was. I mean if you're going to voluntarily let someone bite off your finger at least do it in a more sanitary environment and get it properly looked at by a doctor afterwards. Then again, the doc would probably send ya to the mental institution, rightly so. But hey to each his own. Eew, not to mention tasting human flesh and blood. Blech!! I can promise all of you that there will be no gruesome displays of extreme love/committment similar to this in my future.

Oh, and what about when these people have kids? How do ya explain this to them? And if your kid ever wants to tatoo someone's name on them...well, it's kind of hard to forbid them from doing so when you were insane enough to chop off a finger as a symbol of affection. Doesn't set much as far as boundaries go. Ok, I should get to work or do stuff for my English final. Something productive.....

Have a good day all!

Lis

Here's the link....
http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20050401.html

2 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Mia said...

OK that is the craziest thing I have ever heard of. I wonder how come that wasn't all over the news. I guess I have never been that in love because there is no way I would ever do that. I am against getting someones name put on my body. Life is life, people break up all the time. You may know that you are 100% committed but you can't ever be that sure about the person you are with. I really hope the do last for the rest of their lives. If they do break up people are going to think they are crazy and want nothing to do with them. Or they will find a crazier person who they will have to top that with. What's next a left breast and a left testicle.

5/05/2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I know, isn't it disgusting...yuck! No thanks not for me. I like having ten fingers and ten toes. Hehe...you sound like such the optimist in your response. :) Just teasing, it is true. You never know what life is going to throw your way.

The pictures got me...ugh, I can't look at stuff like that.

5/05/2005 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home