Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Cursing the Blog Gods!! Down with You All!

Ok, so I've found several blog skins/frocks that I like. Being that I am not tech savvy enough to create my own, I've been searching for freeware. I've found several really cool blog templates. The problem is- I'm not even techie enough to install them. I spent three hours on Friday night working on it and had nothing to show for it. I ended up having to republish my old blog format. I'm still bitter about wasting three hours of my Friday evening and having nothing to show for it.

Well, I tried again last night and found more great templates. The one I downloaded from Blog Frocks even came with instructions. I made it through the first few steps and then hit a road block and got stuck for two hours. I woke up Sean from a nap, he was none too happy, to insist that he help me. Then when he actually took the time to read the directions, rather than just instantly knowing what I needed and how to help me....I got frustrated and started crying and saying, "No I don't want your help, I'll do it my damn self." (I know, I'm an evil bitch.) Ok, so he's not entirely innocent, he did keep asking me the same questions over and over which was annoying the crap out of me. In his defense, he was still trying to wake up and had yet to wipe the sleepies from his eyes. Yeah, I think I have a case of PMS going on, cause my emotions were all over the damn place yesterday. Poor guy, I was just a bundle of raw nerves. I know, I'm evil. But hey, a woman is allowed to have a nervous breakdown every once in a while. Maybe I just have them a little more frequently. :) That'll happen when you daily go to a job you absolutely loathe.

Anyways, here I am...same old boring template. Annoyed, frustrated, bitter about my lack of tech geek skills and yet still determined to one day persevere.

I need to try again when I'm home alone though, so I can't take out my "I'm a technically challeged retard" wrath on anyone else.

Oh, and the icing on the cake....while playing with Baden he accidentally knocked his uber-hard head into my mouth....now I have half a fat lip. Attractive, huh? Sean swears you can't tell, but dammit I'm in pain so I know it has to show. Give me sympathy Seanie! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kjersten said...

ME TOO!! You should've heard the words that came out of my mouth yesterday morning. I was in the shower yelling at greg telling him he was a m* f* a* self indulgent pig etc etc. The kicker is that I was ranting because he wouldn't let me use the computer. Luckily, he took pity on me after a while and we were laughing about it last night while I was practicing my spanish: el hombre esta f*er. Oh, what the heck is wrong with me?? :)

5/25/2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Well, I blame that fact that I've been a bad girl and haven't kept up with the Zoloft lately. Sad, but I'm just a moody wench without it. Oh, and I'm still bitter none of my cute capris fit. This gloomy weather and our evil jobs don't help.

I felt really bad last night when Sean said, "Hey, am I ever allowed to be the stressed out angst-filled one". Yeah, felt like such an a$$. I was, "Oh, you want the role. Didn't occur to me. Yes, you can...but that means I have to be normal." I don't know how the hell to be normal, after two years he knows this. Calm and stable isn't a good fit for me. Hehe!

5/25/2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I haven't taken mine for four days now. I'm too lazy to go to CVS. Perhaps I should just take care of it today. Do you get dizzy too?

5/25/2005 10:32 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I tend to get dizziness and nausea when I start back up with it. At one point I was up to 150 mg/day then I got all off schedule cause I slacked or just forgot. So a few months ago I had start all over again with the 25 mg then 50mg a day. I'm still at the 50 because I haven't been consistent enough with it to work my way back up any higher. It's amazing though, how quickly the moodiness/anxiety/depression can creep back in. I'm over the whole wishful thinking aspect of telling myself I really don't need it anymore. It's biological and beyond my control. Yes, it's annoying to have to take medicine daily, but it's probably something I'll have to do forever.

Such is life... :)

5/25/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

I've been on 150 for almost a year now. Lately, I've been concerned that it wasn't working anymore, but after a few days off I know it definitely was doing something. They should develop some kind of brain implant so we don't have to take the pills every day.

5/25/2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

What is Zoloft? Is it for depression? I am a little naive when it comes to that stuff. If you don't take it, is it like having PMS 24 hours a day? I don't get PMS to bad. My husband always tells everyone that I never have PMS. I do it is just more physical than moody for me. I hope you guys don't think I am being rude by asking these questions. I am just a little courious about what you go through.

5/25/2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

hehe...I think we all think it's not working. That is until you stop taking it. Then you see very quickly just how well it is working. :)

Zoloft is for depression and anxiety/panic attacks. I started on it after Lee passed away. I kept getting really bad panic attacks every time I tried to drive and if I saw an accident I was a wreck. I went in to my physician's office about it and started talking about what was going on in my life and burst into tears. *lol* Poor guy, he was fairly new and I don't think he expected me to be a blubbering idiot just by being asked the question, "So how are you today?". I was off it for a while and got back on shortly after I finally ended things with VA on/off boyfriend. That time it was more so for depression, but I still have moments when I get panic attacks. If there's a really bad accident.

No worries, ask away. I'm very open with it, as if you couldn't tell and I think Kjersten is as well. Depression, like a lot of other medical disorders runs in the family. Yeah, so last Friday had my second appt with Fabulous Therapist lady and she said she wanted me to look up bipolar and disassociative(?) disorder. She thinks our mom was suffering from one or the other, more than likely the first. I think bipolar is very hereditary, but I need to do more research on it. We'd now if we had it. :) I do know that much. But still if there's any chance my kids could have it, I'd like to be prepared.

Chances are if mom has it, then she inherited it from someone further back. If it's not that and more so the disassociative thing..I think that's almost like multiple personality. Where something really traumatic happens and there's a personality/mental break in the person. They develop another "side" to themselves to deal with the trauma they endured or to ignore it.

Ahh, I love therapy...so enlightening. :)

5/25/2005 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home