Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ahh...The Joys of a Long Weekend

So Friday night I dragged Sean kicking and screaming to On the Border mexican restaurant. :) Ok, not really, but he is pretty sick of that place. I've been making him go weekly. After which we came home and had to decide what to do with our first Friday without a Joan of Arcadia fix. I'm so bitter about that show being cancelled...it was just getting really good.

Saturday, was Baden's Adventure Day! We took him in to Old Towne Alexandria with us. We walked along the waterfront, saw a World War II Memorial ship, and visited a Dog Bakery where I purchased several treats for Mr.Baden. They even make puppy bday cakes. Baden is so getting one this July when he turns 2. My boy is growing so quickly. Yes, I'm a dork- we all knew this already. Upon leaving there, we headed over to the puppy park. There were so many dogs there and Baden had a blast.

Sunday was D.C. Day! My friend Melissa and I took the Metro into Dupont Circle to meet cutie Mike and his equally adorable beau Josh for brunch. The food and company was great. My honey being the homebody he is opted out. Plus, he's not a big fan of the DC crowds. I had Strawberry Mamosa! Mmmmm, so yummy! We walked around Dupont and people-watched for several hours and just enjoyed a rare VA day of nice weather minus humidity. Let me tell ya, I think the best-looking men are in Dupont. Only problem, all the hotties there are gay. Oh well, really good eye candy!

Monday morning Sean took Baden on another visit to the dog park after we gave him a major haircut. I wanted to go along too, but someone (Sean) didn't want to wait for me to shower and get ready. Ok, so maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was dragging my feet since I was captivated by DVD #3 of Season 1 for One Tree Hill. I Love That Show! :) So father and son did their outdoor bonding while I stayed home and worked for a few hours. Later in the afternoon, Sean and I went to Chili's for lunch. After coming home we took the pupsters for a walk before we settled in for the night.

Ooh, I also managed to fit in a few workouts on the elliptical this weekend. I'm quite proud of myself. It is much easier now that we have one just sitting here in our living room; however, I know realize that I HATE exercising. I don't care if it's convenient and the equipment is right in front of me. There is just nothing that I enjoy about it whatsoever. *sigh* Oh well, I guess it's just a necessary evil.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha you're just NOW figuring out that exercise isn't enjoyable?! j/k ..... cbs cancelled a lot of good shows..while i didn't watch joan of arcadia, i did watch judging amy and wasn't happy to see that they cancelled that one either. oh well. less tv to plop my big butt down in front of, ha ha...sounds like baden had a nice weekend. had to laugh at the macy's story though...although i would've told the dude that he needed much more coverage than you ever would to pull off the woman look *LOL*
-- Bethers

5/31/2005 10:26 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

I know..sometimes I'm a little slow. :) I really thought that a large part of my not enjoying working out was because I had to change into a gym outfit, tame the puffy curls and then drive over there. Then I'd have to work out next to a bunch of gym goddesses in perfect make-up, no sweat in sight and big boobs popping out from their hoochie outfits. Haha! But now that I can do it in the comfort of my home and it still sucks...well, I just hate exercise. That's it! I loathe it, but I'll do it cause darn it- I will fit into my cute capris. :)

*lol* I still can't believe that I was at a loss for words. I'm usually never without a witty comeback. *sigh* But I was just completely caught off guard. Next time, I'll be prepared.

6/01/2005 7:42 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Nice work on the exercising! Unfortunately, I can still find excuses not to use our eliptical. I may be using the capris as a reason to start very soon... I'm like 1/20 of a pound away from not fitting into them anymore. Got a pair out of the dryer to wear today and the results are very scary.

6/01/2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Well it's either exercise or buy a new wardrobe. And not that I'm opposed to shopping, but my stubborn streak refuses to buy a bigger size. :) I'm convinced that Gap is secretly shrinking the pant sizes. I used to be able to buy a size 4 in my pants there, now it's more like an 8. It's all part of an evil scheme on their part to mess with our heads and make us replace our wardrobe. Really, I'm not paranoid or anything. Hehe!

6/01/2005 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lis,
could be worse..you could be wearing my jumbo sized maternity pants *LOL*

Bethers

6/01/2005 1:44 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Ahh, but you're such a cute preggers woman. :) And at the rate that you and John are going you're definitely getting good use of your materinity wear. You're a baby-making machine! The Bether's Baby Train is pulling in to the station. Choo choo! Ok, I'm officially delirious from inhaling too many cleaning fumes.

6/01/2005 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Melissa"? So formal...so weird...

6/01/2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Ahhhhh....it sounds like Baden had a very busy and fun filled weekend. He has the best parents in the world. By the way I can't blame Sean for not wanting to wait for you. :-) You take longer in the shower than I take in the whole getting ready process. I would probably look gorgeous like you do but I can't take 2 hours to get ready. I was so excited when I finally got a tan on my face so I can stop wearing cover up. That saved me 5 minutes a morning.

We didn't do much on Friday in bed by 11:00. Saturday we had our pool party. It was a little windy and the sun didn't come out until 2:00 but we still managed to have some swim time. Jay and Jen brought their dogs over so Cheyanne had a blast with them. Sunday Brea and I laid around and watched TV until her parents came and picked her up. She stayed the night on Saturday. Monday Brian, Carla, Brea, and I went to Old Sac had lunch and listened to some jazz. I have to tell you the Jazz Festival gets worse every year. I did go to the Chocolate Factory and get chocolate covered doggie bones for Cheyanne.

6/01/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Anonymous #2...aka Mel: I spelled our your whole name so people didn't think I was leaving my other half at home so I could trek around D.C. with three hot boys. This way they'd know there were two girls. :) Get it? Good. :) Hey, it got ya to post! Neener neener!

Mia- Why, oh why couldn't you have had a pool when I lived with you? Sheesh! Mmmm..Chocolate Factory. You went in there and only got stuff for Cheyanne. You're pretty good, I would have to at least buy a choc-covered rice crispie treat or frozen banana. Mmm! :)

6/01/2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

No I wasn't that good. I had a caramel apple. Those and frozen bananas are my weakness.

6/02/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Kjersten said...

Hey, I saw that episode of the dog-whisperer yesterday. Good show... now I just need to get a doggie!

6/03/2005 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home