Friday, April 29, 2005

Papers, Papers and the Ramblings of a Crazy Woman!

Hey all,

So this is the first moment to breathe I've pretty much had all week. I took of Mon/Tues from work, but only so I'd have extra time to work on two 10 page+ papers that were due for my Hist and Public Law class. I survived...barely. I was up till about 3 a.m. on Tues night finishing up my legal paper on physician assisted suicide. Hopefully I made a convincing argument for why it should be a legally available option to those who are terminally ill. Ok, and before anyone (read Dave) starts harping on me about how that stance doesn't coincide with my Christian beliefs, zip it! I will once again reiterate that my Christian faith dictates how I live my life and the values I place upon myself. I, and this is just my personal belief, do not feel that I have the right to place the values on anyone else. So while I'd like to think that I'd be brave enough to wait until the good Lord calls me home, you never know. If you're dealing with constant pain and your quality of life is nonexistent, then I too would maybe get to the point that I'd look for a humane end to my suffering. Moving right along, got those two papers turned in and was a walking zombie all Wednesday. I then had to go home Wed night and work on my Final English paper. Yeah, didn't finish it because my mind was mush. So I ended up working on it Thurs basically up until I had to leave for class. [Btw, huge thanks go out to two of the biggest brainiacs I know- Nikki and Jeremy -- for editing/reviewing my papers. You both ROCK!! And I'm insanely jealous of the how ridiculously smart both of you are. It's quite nauseating actually. :o) And they're both hot too...how unfair is that. ;o) ] Ok, enough ego stroking. Hehe. So this weekend I have a ton of reading to catch up on to get ready for finals and that English paper to finish up.

So I come into work yesterday and my phone is ringing non-stop with people whining because they have to review the files we worked our butts off to prepare. Nevermind the effort we put into it. No please just call me and cry because you have to review a few Excel sheets of data. Give me a break! Am I sounding like the bitter gov't contractor that I am? Perhaps it's because I have visions of govt worker Dave and his fully-stocked fridge and DVD player and stereo system and groupies. Ok, perhaps I exaggerate slightly.

So last weekend we actually attended a social function. We went to Jean and Jon's for drinks/food. It was a very nice evening. Oh, and I got to meet yet another lady from Sean's shady past. Haha! I think my honey is a recovering slut-puppy. Just kidding! Ok, so they only went on one date...but still who wants to meet someone your significant other ever even thought about in more than a "friend" way, especially if she's cute. It must be hard for my Seanie burger-butt being such a babe magnet. :) Anyways, we had a great time catching up with hotties Mike and Josh and hearing about Miss Mel's delicious dating adventures. Mel, you really need your own reality show. How frickin cool would that be. Can I have a guest spot?? Oh, and Baden-boo too. This could help launch his Hollywood career which I know he's so destined for. I mean with a face like that it's just not right to keep it hidden. Ha!!

Ok so Ang, Nikki and I are going to lunch soon. Macaroni Grill...soo yummy! They have a great shrimp pasta dish and the best strawberry creme dessert thingy. Can't wait. I bet men would be appalled if they really knew how girlfriends talked when they got together. I think just the depth of details and frankness of the conversations would shock them. Don't worry honey, I never say anything about you. Hehe! :)

All right, well I guess it's time I go do something productive. Miss Mia Baden Pup sends a shout out to his favorite Auntie and can't wait to see you in August. That's right we're due for another Florida vacation to visit Sean's adorable and oh-so-loveable parents. Baden of course is coming along on the vacation. I mean, we can't leave him behind. Who would I snuggle with at night? :)

Have a great weekend everyone. Oh, and please..someone other than Dirty Dave comment. haha! Just kidding. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger AnoniMs. said...

But am I hot and smart enough for you to date??? I mean, if Sean were not in the picture??? KIDDING Sean!
:=)

4/29/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

WOW, you are a busy lady. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now. I can barely keep up with a full time job at work and at home. School would be so out of the question for me. I could picture it now. My house would look like a tornado hit it and smell really bad all the time. My other half isn't into cleaning the house just yardwork. I even help him keep up with that. We finally hired a pool guy. It got to be to much to keep the chemicals balanced and the pool clean. I tested it every week and cleaned it but I was never 100% sure the water was balanced. I kept getting a bad feeling that the kids would come swimming and they would contract a severe bacterial infection or skin rash and I would feel bad for the rest of my life. Believe it or not a pool can look sparkling clean and if the chemicals aren't balanced correctly you can get some funky things in there. To much pressure!

Thinking of Macaroni Grill made me really hungry. I don't know if you remember a place called Scott's Seafood but I am going there next week. I am going to be in heaven. Either take me to a sushi or seafood place and I will love you forever.

I am still checking on flights to Florida. I would love to stay with you for part of the trip if they really wouldn't mind. I think it would be a lot of fun. Sean's mom sounds like a doll. I really hope this all works out. I miss you soooooooooo much. I really want to get some Baden kisses to. Cheyanne says hi and sends kisses. We picked her up from the vet yesterday and they want us to kennel her for 10 days. We should only let her out to potty and eat. I told Steve no way. That is so cruel and would break my heart. If we put her on our bed she will not get off until we tell her to. I laid in bed with her all last night. That way she isn't mobile but isn't locked up. I love her so much.

Well I love you missy. Send Sean my love. Blog again soon. Hugs and kisses, Mia

4/29/2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Miss Nikki,

Well the only thing that would make me hesitate is that you are much more the fashion maven than I. At least I know I got Sean beat in that department. haha!!! :) Oh, but if we were dating I could steal your clothes. Oh, damn...no because I probably couldn't fit my big booty in them. Darn it...Ok, here's the deal gain a few pounds so you can buy Ann Taylor magazine cover outfits in a size I can squeeze into to. And I'll be all yours. *lol* Oh and the upside, we'd always have someone to share dessert with. Sean hates it that I make him help me with sweets, but I can't inhale all those calories on my own. Ok, so I did just do that not more than a half hour ago at lunch, but hey I've had a long week. :)

4/29/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Mia,

Yeah, my house is usually a semi-mess now. Sean tries hard to keep up with it, but it's a lot for one person. At least we've got our downstairs fairly neat. The upstairs is a mass of dust, pet dander, dirty clothes and my hair stuck to the shower wall. Hehe..I shed in the shower. I can't help it. It so grosses Sean out.

I can't believe you have a pool guy! Wow, moving up in the world. Big pimping West Coast Mia style. Holla! *lol* Ok, so the whole ghetto fabulous thing isn't really me. :)

Ahh, my poor little niece I wish I could smother her cute little face in kisses and feed her people food till she's all better. Did I tell you that I'm now sharing my heating/massage pad with Baden Pup. Hehe.

The more the merrier. Sean's mom loves having her kids home and a full house to cook for. Oh, and since you voted for Bush they may even like ya more than me. Hehe! I'm telling ya, one day of her cooking and you'll so be ready to move there. She'll make us a big breakfast and five course meals. Their house is beautiful and they've done some amazing remodeling lately. I love it! I got to see it in January when I was there for work. Sean hasn't seen it yet. Neener, neener! I asked Sean if we could move in with them and live for free and I'll do school only. I don't think he was too excited with that idea. *lol* Plus, I'd probably gain fifty pounds. :o) So yes, you're very welcome to stay and we'd love it! Oh, and this will be good, they'll get introduced to one of the few normal people in our family. :)

4/29/2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger AnoniMs. said...

If I keep eating at macaroni grill with you I will not only gain many pounds but I will be fired....I am so tired from 4 pounds of pasta, my eyes sting!

4/29/2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger Ok...I'm lost said...

Someone other than Dirty Dave respond? Ouch! That hurt. Sheesh!

I'll never understand why I take this. Your soooo cruel to me. Poor Dave! hahaha

5/03/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

So how much trouble will I be in if I post the pic of you with the lovely girly pink flower in your hair? :) And the cross dressing begins. Hehe..so this is the only comment you made on my blog? Ok, what'd you do with the real Dave. Is he still in Edisto sipping margaritas and harassing underage girls? :)

5/03/2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger Ok...I'm lost said...

I can't believe you still have that picture. Ok...here's the deal. If you post that picture of me, you have to post at least one normal one too! hahahaha, or at least I hope you do! lol

Sheesh. Never cut a guy any slack eah? Your a tough one.

Anyway, I've got a million things going on, so I don't have the time to add much to your thread. Will try to post again later if I can. I'm currently in the middle of fighting with a general contractor. I'm trying to get another house build for turn-around, but am having to deal with the contractor from hell! Wish me luck...I’m about to ask the foundation crew to burry him in concrete! hahahaha

5/03/2005 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home