Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Gym Goddesses

Ok, so the summer school session from hell officially ended on Tuesday. Yippee! As of now it looks like I'll be taking the fall semeseter off. My first break in two and a half years. I'll actually have time for enjoyment reading, hanging out with the girls, more date nights and bonding with Baden Pup and Tigger Kitty. Not to mention going hitting the gym on a routine basis. I don't thik once a week really counts. :o)

That thought brings me to my rant. So we joined the Gold's near our house. Great facility, tons of machines/classes and fairly new. Oh, and they have a juice bar which I'll never enjoy since each drink is a zillion calories. It'd be more health conscious to run over to the Dairy Queen just across the way. Anyways, I digress. Every time we've gone practically all the women there are primped to nines. Hair is perfect coifed with each random strand strategically placed. Their make-up is flawless and the exercise outfits fit to perfection down to the perfect fit and color to flatter them. Am I the only one who goes to the gym anymore with my mass of puffy curls or sexy grandma bun wearing one of my boyfriends t-shirts and comfy pants? I'm usually there in the evenings so make-up is anything but flawless. Could I prance in wearing a little sport bra and hoochie shorts? Well, I'm sure Sean would be thrilled. But I'd rather not worry about whether my tummy is pooching as I jog on the treadmill or lift free weights. Not to mention, it's the gym. I go there to workout which usually involves a bit of sweat or at the very last glistening. Trust me, I've searched but there is not a bead of sweat on any of these women. Hey, there's not much else to do once you've read through your entire copy of People or US Weekly than people watch. Oh, and the kicker- so yesterday, I saw I kid you not, a woman my grandmother's age in a sports bra and stretchy bike shorts. Now, granted it wasn't the most flattering outfit she could have chosen, but am I the only one who doesn't see why even at the gym we women feel the need to be glamorous and perfectly coifed? Do I really need to start laboring over what outfit to wear at the gym, just so I don't feel like the only slouch there? Sheesh! A woman's work is never done. :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Mia said...

I feel your pain. I joined Gold's too. It was more of a meat market than a gym. At my gym men would hog the machines to have somewhere to plant their butt's while they picked up on the babes. What was I thinking when I interrupted to ask to use the machine for the right reason's (to work out). Being old and married I didn't quite fit in. They should put in their contract old and married need not apply. Of course unless you still like to play the field once in a while. Plus waiting in line to use every machine I figured I burned more calories at home sitting on the couch flipping the channels and taking bathroom breaks. It's a lot cheaper to. Actually, I bought a treadmill and a workout video. I like it a lot better. At least it saves me $50.00 a month.

8/11/2004 3:13 PM  
Blogger LaLa Lisa said...

Preach it sis! Sean ran into an old high school bud and his ex-girlfriend from 8th grade at the gym yesterday. So of course, I had to scope her out. She was cute. She was actually less Pam Anderson'ed up than the rest of them, but she still had the cute little workout outfit on. I'm hotter though. haha! Just teasing. So we're skipping the gym tonight because it's raining and thunderstorming outside and we need to some major cleaning of our humble little pigsty.

And what's this foolishness of you being old? Puh-leease. You're the hottest **year-old out there. It's in our genes. Hehe! :o) You're still the heartbreaker! And Steve should count his blessings daily to have the Goddess that is Mia by his side.

8/11/2004 4:22 PM  
Blogger West Coast Mia said...

Ahhhhh....shucks...you are a hottie too. When I grow up I want to be you. :-)

8/11/2004 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home