Sunday, July 18, 2004

Me...a procrastinator....never! :o)

So it is 4pm on Sunday.  Another weekend comes to an end and I have managed to completely blow off studying or doing homework.  Which is normal, this I know, however to completely stress and obsess and chastise yourself for it isn't.  And if I'm going to do that, why not make life easier for myself by just being more disciplined and getting things done? My boyfriend thinks I have to be one of the world's best procrastinator's, if not numero uno.  I'm having serious motivation issues.  Alas, in the end I always seem to be able to pull it off, but I'm sure all this last minute waiting has contributed greatly to my need to dye my hair often. :o)  And yes, writing this blog, is yet another way for me to ward off the study gods.
 
So it's been a pretty nice weekend.  Friday night boyfriend and I ate leftovers and ran some errands.  We stopped by Home Depot to check out kitchen  cabinets and countertops and try and get some ideas.  There were quite a few nice sample kitchens set up and the prices looked reasonable until you looked at the fine print.  A 12k kitchen remodeling effort is not in our foreseeable future at this point.  We'd have to win the lotto and since neither of us play, the likelihood of that occurring is nil.   Saturday we were rudely awoken by a phone call that came much too early in the morning given that we had only been asleep a few hours.  Unable to fall asleep, I began watching 90210 reruns and am embarrassed to admit that two hours passed fairly quickly.  Upon finally getting motivated, I went grocery shopping and spent entirely too much.  We then decided to take some drinks/snacks and a blanket to the park.  Mr. Baden was quite excited at the idea.  Mistake 1- letting Sean pick the park. Hehe. It wasn't really a park, more like a woodsy area so it was a bug haven.  It took us about ten minutes to trek to a somewhat suitable spot where we camped for about twenty minutes until Sean tired of being mosquito food.  I was so immersed in my In Touch magazine, that I almost didn't notice that I was being bitten or the huge ants crawling around me.  We then decided to trek a half hour away to the only doggy park in our area that we knew of.  After fighting traffic, yes massive traffic on a Saturday, we finally arrived.  You have to park down the road at a library and then walk your pup to the park.  We were there all of ten minutes when a rainstorm suddenly came upon us- lightning and thunder included.   So my bright idea of standing under a tree waiting the rain out, probably wasn't a very good one. :o) So Baden only got to tussle around with his new-found friends for a few minutes.  I was pretty bummed and started ranting about sucky east coast weather, Sean wasn't feeling very sympathetic. I think he was secretly glad because he wanted to come home and nap.  Needless to say, our adventure cut short we headed home.  Baden was quite tired from his adventures and passed out.  Sean and I had worked up an appetite so we decided to end the day with a heart-healthy meal at IHOP. ;o)  I had an ever so healthy meal of French toast and pancakes smothered in strawberries and syrup, scrambled egg beaters and greasy ham.  Sean had a double stacked B.L.T. and a heaping order of fries.  Hey, mine was a little healthier than his...maybe.  I did take Baden for an hour walk though after pigging out on breakfast foods in the evening.  Sunday thus far, has been quite lazy for me. We went to be entirely too late last night and given my sleep deficit from Saturday I slept until 11am.  I would have slept later if Sean and Baden hadn't kept bothering me.  Yeah, get this- good 'ol Seanie-boy wakes me up so I don't waste the day away. Fine, but then a half hour later, I realize I'm downstairs all alone. Oh where is my cute Seanie Burger Butt? He's upstairs snoozing away! The nerve!  Sheesh! Anyways, he's been forgiven since he's conducted a massive cleaning effort downstairs today (his first ever since we moved in together I believe).   I've been dawdling around trying to find ways to accomplish anything worthwhile.  Ahh, how fun it can be to be lazy once in a while. :o)
 
Oh, I did accomplish something quite productive this weekend.  Baden will soon have quite the busy social calendar. Just take a look at this website......
 
http://www.datemypet.com/index.php?page=view_profile&id=1977 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home